Roll Call: Continental Europe- hosting The II. RACDG Charlemagne Cup June 17-18

Get him in! :relaxed:

Announcement: 2023 Charlemange - June 17-18

If you’re in Europe and not yet in our RACDG chats, we have some good news to share!

The Charlemagne Trophy - the flock’s continental meetup - is back for a second run in 2023. This year we’ll be in Belgium and the Netherlands over the weekend of 17-18 June with competition rounds at the Maastrichtsche in the very south of Netherlands on Saturday afternoon and then across the border for some heathland at Royal Limburg in Belgium on Sunday morning.

As well as those Flockers based in Europe, we’re keen to try to get more of you Refugees over for the event - location is easy drive from ferry ports and close to Düsseldorf, Cologne-Bonn and Brussels airports - and we will be sorting out hotel etc once we know final runners and riders.

Thanks to @sji for the planning effort and give us a shout with any questions if you’re interested!

#europesmajor

6 Likes

I am relocating to Brussels next week from the US and would love to meet up with some Euro-based nesticles. I still haven’t figured out the golf situation in Belgium so if anyone is keen to enlighten me, I would greatly appreciate it. My co-worker was trying to explain that I need to join some sort of federation in order to play? It sounded a little confusing for this uneducated American.

Quick question on the Charlemagne Trophy - is it a two-day competition or two separate 18 hole events?

1 Like

Two day event.

Go on, you know you want to…!

1 Like

I definitely want to! I will start the negotiation process now with my wife.

1 Like

Hello Mr T! (or is it just Big to your friends?)
Welcome to the old world!
You’re clearly ready to dive into the RACDG-Europe universe, so make sure to check out our…

Podcast: Spotify
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/racdg_europe/

Those are all run by the Great Britain contingent. We also have a smaller WhatsApp chat only for the few folks on the mainland. That’s also the place to meet up with others in the area, prep for the Charlemagne, etc – so if you want to get involved, just send me your phone no as a private message and I’ll get you in there!

1 Like

I am setting in after my first week in Brussels. Quick question - what are the TV and streaming options for the Masters in Belgium? I can’t seem to find anything. Is it streaming on ESPN Player?

The only local provider showing golf is Ziggo Sport, apparently. Check out how much that would cost you… Alternatively ESPN+ or CBS via app or Firestick using a VPN should work, too.

1 Like

P.S.: Welcome to the old world! If you want to join our local NLU Roost, the RACDG Europe, and maybe meet up with some our boys in the Netherlands (or play the Charlemagne, as mentioned above) just DM me with your WhatsApp phone no!

2 Likes

III. Trophée Charlemagne:
June 21-23, 2024
Copenhagen + Sweden

• Casual Round 1 at Royal Copenhagen on Friday, June 21, p.m. (tbc)
  • Tournament Round 1 at Barseback Ocean Course on Saturday, June 22, starting 09:50 a.m.
  • Casual Round 2 at Barseback Pines Course on Saturday, June 22, p.m. (tbc)
  • Tournament Round 2 at Falsterbo on Sunday, June 23, starting 11:20 a.m.

Expect final greenfees for all rounds to average at about 120 EUR / 100 GBP / 900 DKK.

Message me if interested!

3 Likes