Roll Call: Continental Europe- hosting The II. RACDG Charlemagne Cup June 17-18

Let’s leave polling open for a week and collect as many responses as possible.
Notifications for @cjde , @sji , @thomstabk , @Goosed , @mgarzar , @BD8 , @flopic7 , @eddietheeagle , @MG82

Also calling @RACDGGBI - anyone wanting to make the trip over?!

1 Like

Apologies for the late response - would love to see this happen

1 Like

I am proud to say that I’ve gotten out of Düsseldorf and now reside in Köln. [Dodges glass of Alt thrown at head]

I’m still down in Australia but should be somewhere in Europe come August/September, I’ll keep an eye on things if you guys have something going on then!

Sick! I will be in Europe from May through August but have a 2 year old to look after whilst my wife works, so can’t just drop everything & bugger off unfortunately :grimacing: :joy:

As such, i’ll abstain from voting as I will probably struggle to make any of those dates. If, by some miracle, it works out, i’ll let you know. Viel Glück!

1 Like

What are we thinking for the tie breaker here if a deciding vote doesn’t come in? :grinning:

dictatorship

Quick update here: We’ve now gone for September 2-4 as the date for the inaugural Charlemagne Cup for European Dominance (patent pending)

The cup will likely be hosted in the Rhineland region, to attract a few more players from Benelux and also because all of Munich seems to be playing club championships that weekend.

Put it in the calendars and more details to follow!

4 Likes

This may be too good! :heart_eyes:

#HistoryNerdsUnite

coming over?!

Sadly I’ll be in the US. Playing Gamble Sands with the Broken Tee crew on those dates.

Definitely down for any other time though.

Update:

The event will be hosted in and around Luxembourg, from September 2-4. At least one round will be played at Kikuoka Golf Club, where we will be hosted by one of our RACDG brethren. Kikuoka has a Mercure hotel and spa at the club, making accommodation easy. https://www.kikuoka.lu/
Other playing locations still tbd, but will be within easy driving distance.

@thomstabk , @Goosed , @mgarzar , @BD8 , @flopic7 , @eddietheeagle , @MG82 - just let me know if any of you can make it and are interested in playing!

2 Likes

That would be sick but I’ll be back Down Under by then unfortunately. Thanks for the tag though @dmh & good luck with the meetup :+1:t2::raised_hands:t2:

1 Like

Hi @dmh ,

sorry for the late reply. I think I should be able to make that. Trying to figure out if I can reach Luxembourg by Friday already. Keep me in the loop please!

1 Like

Sweet! Just sent you a private message!

…and just like that, the first ever Trophée Charlemagne is in the books!

We had fantastic NLU x Roost RACDG Europe x Broken Tee Society crossover event - marking the first official get-together of our golfing universe on the mainland. 9 players got together in quaint Luxembourg, played 72 holes on demanding courses within 48 hours, battled elements from heat to rain and lightning, and finally found a worthy champion in @thomstabk !

The event will be back next year - likely hosted in the Cologne/Düsseldorf Rhineland region, where the defending champ will show us around his stomping grounds. This is an open invitation for anyone to join us!

A shameless shoutout to the NLU crew - @Soly , @Tron , @djpie , @Randy , @MerchCzar - thanks for making all of this possible and bringing together sickos from all over the world!

6 Likes

The trophy!

5 Likes

Heading down the last hole as an 8-some (darker than our cameras make it look)

2 Likes

The competitors - Golf de Luxembourg Domaine de Bellenhaf

7 Likes

The champ receiving his grand prize at the fair - Strapped-style

7 Likes