Roll Call: Connecticut

No residency requirements for Yale this year. Already know that some MA guys have played or are planning to play. Hope the place doesn’t get too jammed with sickos, but the place is special and needs to be shared

4 Likes

I used to live a few blocks away and never checked it out except to smoke pot late night.

sylvester-baby

We used to park near bt smoke weed on some fairway and hit rang balls we got from our buddies rage in orange down it. Stupid kids.

1 Like

Thinking about trying to beat the weather and playing somewhere tomorrow. Might visit Lake of Isles for the first time tomorrow.

2 Likes

That place was pretty cool, very much resort golf but a really cool piece of property.

Did you end up playing lake of isles? I live in Ledyard and need to get over there for at least around.

Big lake vibes

2 Likes

LOI is an enjoyable time but the public side gets so much play so conditions aren’t always the best

I’m in Groton (used to live in Norwich) and still haven’t played LOI. Maybe I’ll get out there sometime this year. Just seems like, the few times I have tried, every time I want to play is extremely expensive, so either I’ll feel like I’m overpaying or I’ll feel like I’m playing at a bad time and won’t have an ideal experience.

1 Like

Does anybody know anybody that has bought into the membership at the “new” Fox Hopyard?

This guy is literally obsessed with hopyard so please someone say yes :joy:

3 Likes

It’s literally my childhood front yard. So yeah I feel it’s my birthright to play it :joy:

I ended up pegging it at Wintonbury Hills. Its always a good time. Got it in before the rain.

It was so awesome to play with you at shenny!!.. Every time I want to go play Lake of isles I just say I’m going to go play Shennicosett instead.

2 Likes

I played Shenny for the first time last year, and it was pouring but still great! Definitely a gem in CT especially considering its access and affordability (course was maintained nicely too).

1 Like

Keney Park in Windsor. Thoughts, opinions, musings. Let’s hear all about it. I’ve never been, and based on the quirkiness and the template holes that I have read about, I want to check it out.

1 Like

Fantastic! We (RACDG NY) hold our “open” there every august.

2 Likes

I’ll add it to my rota of CT courses. Fox Hopyard was my go to but now I’m gonna have to shmooze a member (provided I can find one) in order to play there

Late to the party but if you’re still around I’d love to play.