Roll Call: Connecticut

how is Yale this year after they’ve opened it back up?

It was my first time so I was just amped to play it regardless of the condition, but the greens were pretty splotchy. They’re good in spots and I’ve definitely played on worse but the regular who I got paired with complained about them almost every hole. Although he was more just in despair of how far they were from what they were like before COVID. Fairways and bunkers seemed fine enough, so no complaints there.

Overall I had a blast because that place is just beyond cool and I was nerding out most of the time. Looking to go back around august/September in hope the greens have recovered a bit more!

2 Likes

CT guis, probably a 50/50 split but get involved in the action here…

Caddie for US am qualifier

Anyone feel generous to loop next Monday at Wampanoag for the us am qualifier? Will pay!

1 Like

God I would love to but unfortunately I dont think my work schedule will allow. I might have a a guy or two that might be able to if you don’t hear anything.

Bump

I have a tee time at Brookeville Country Club that I bought through a charity auction. Looks like a cool, funky, quirky, old school Raynor from the aerials.

Looking to fill out the 4some. Tentatively playing 7/24 after 11am.

Anyone interested?

I might be available. Will have to check later on tonight.

Do it. It’s going to be fun!

The Ranch in MA

Anyone want to play The Ranch just over the MA border this Saturday? trying to get a practice round for the US mid am qualifier there and looking for some guys to play with.

I can’t this weekend but check in with the MA Roll Call thread as the Ranch is the usual recommendation for this end of the state

Would normally love to as I’m in that area but just can’t make it work this weekend

Hey folks, there are a few spots still open for the Boston Golf & Social + Grueter Golf event at Hooper this Saturday. An easy drive up 91 and its gonna be great time. DM if have any specific questions.

Anyone in the West Hartford area this summer looking to get a round in? New here but would love to get involved and always up for round at Keney / Wintonburry / ect.

1 Like

Late here but staying in Avon this summer and would love to get in a round. Been playing Keney quite a bit and its in decent shape along with some rounds at Wintonburry.

1 Like

@Camelliotbraun if you want to join us for The Shepherds Open this Friday at Keney please feel free to DM me. We have a couple of spots left

I’m up by Springfield, play out of the Orchards most but get a good amount in by the Ct/MA border there

I have a 12 man Ryder Cup event next weekend Sept 9-12 in Rhode Island - Newport area. 2 guys just bailed today so looking to fill 2 more spots. Let me know if anyone is interested. 18 Thursday afternoon at Green Valley, 36 Friday at MeadowBrook, 36 Saturday Newport National and 18 Sunday AM at Exeter.

Hello Connecticut refugees, after settling in to freshman at college for about 3 weeks I’m itching to play some golf again. I’m at Sacred Heart so if anybody has course recs in the fairfield trumbull area that’d be great. Besides the wheel across the street which I actually thought had a few good holes but I’d love to go explore some new places as well.

Orange isn’t too far away and Orange Hills Country Club is a good price for 18 holes.