Roll Call: Colorado -- @PJM v Colorado Golfers, @PJM only half guilty

You just confirmed my worst fear… One week under the same roof as the entire in laws without a golf course in sight…

Looks like I’ll be coming back to Denver at some point during the week to scratch my golf itch so if anyone can/wants to meet up at one of those on the west side, let’s do it.

1 Like

To be fair, you’ll probably be able to see golf courses, you just won’t be able to play them. :stuck_out_tongue:

There are a bunch of golf courses in that area, but I doubt any of them will be open: Breckenridge Golf Club, Raven at Three Peaks, Keystone River and Ranch courses, Copper Creek Golf Course, and Vail Golf Club. I might be missing a couple. Doesn’t hurt to call around when you’re up there, just don’t bank on playing golf up there at all.

All that said, I have questions about your in-laws vacation plans. I don’t get going to the mountains in early May, unless you’re looking for end of season spring skiing or are a devoted backcountry skier. I’m guessing they got some sort of deal…

1 Like

Had the same thought. Breckenridge (or pick any of your other mountain resort towns, frankly) is great in the winter and great from June-August. But early May? Your in laws got hoodwinked.

1 Like

We’ve been in the area during this time of year before (two years ago Vail, also stayed in Breck/Dillon/Keystone in different years but all around this same time). We actually played this time of year in Vail a couple years ago. I’m not sure why, but I didn’t even take my clubs when we’ve been to the Breck area before.

Doesn’t really matter where it is, I’m going to play regardless. If that means coming back down the mountain, then I’ll make it happen and soak in the commute to and from as bonus me time away from the in laws!

The more I think about it, the more I love this idea, “Sorry guys, I’ll be out all afternoon playing golf in Denver (and maybe playing with some total strangers I met on the internet). I won’t be home super late, but don’t expect me for dinner either.” Sounds like a pretty good afternoon actually.

Could be multiple days of 36 are called for but YMMV :wink:

Has anybody played at Lakota Ranch?

The CGA is running a deal: 99$ for two to play and re-play. I’ve scoped it out on Google Earth, and it looks like a typical topsy-turvy Engh mountain course. That said, super cheap chance to play a decent track and camp out in that area.

https://pricelooper.com/w/b355fea03acd2ba7

In addition to what @PJM put together, I tried to put all of the tournaments on a google calendar for a little easier viewing. This has all of the CGA, GCAT, GWAT and CommonGround events in it.

Colorado Am Golf Schedule

Anyone want to get out next Sunday? I booked a tee time at Riverdale Dunes way up in Brighton at 10:18. I’ve heard amazing things about the course, needed to get up there to try it out. I think there’s a single left at this time; if we get some more people in we can get one of the adjacent times.

I’m playing there on saturday at like 6:40, I’ll try to remember to post course conditions.

Awesome thanks! I’m excited to play there, I’ve heard some great things about it. Shame it’s a 45 min drive for me, but I’ve driven further for worse…

Try not to Sergio the greens and bunkers for me, k? :slight_smile:

Will do. I’m about the same distance away, but it’s been a while since I’ve played it. I do have a foursome at Kennedy on Sunday at 6:40 as well, and there should be room if anyone wants to play.

AM?!?! What are we, 80 yrs old?!
PM?!?!? What are we, 20 years old?!

Either are probably unobtainable for me with a 4.5 mo old at home.

AM. I like to get out early and try and be home before 11 or noon. I just can’t deal with the slow play that comes along with a midday round.

And 36, so just about in the middle.

Yeah I get it, the slow pace of play around here has killed me later. As a fellow 36yr old, I would have no problem getting up and out for a 6:30 round, however this new baby boy that hasn’t learned how to sleep longer than 3 hours has put these early rounds out of reach for me for now. I’m just happy that I have a loving wife that still allows me to play each week. I think she’d rather deal with a screaming baby than a crying husband who cant play…

I guess if you play it early, you don’t have to stand around looking at how awful Kennedy is. (I used to work at the range and mini golf course there.)

Ha! It’s definitely not my favorite, but its pretty close to the house, so I play there about once a month. I did play Meadow Hills for the first time the other day and had a lot of fun out there, so that may replace my Kennedy rounds.

On another note, I do have a goal of trying to get through all of the metro area public courses in the next few years, so I’m going to try and start picking a course every weekend I don’t have a tournament and try and not repeat. Most of my buddies have kids and their wives won’t let them out to play so I’ll post up here tee times and location early in the week if anyone wants to join.

Also, there is a very active Denver thread over on GolfWRX if you guys are interested.

1 Like

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/headed-to-denver/2502/50?u=paul

I need to play with a local so they can give me elevation adjusted yardages.
Let me know if you’re interested.

I’d be interested in joining. Are you thinking early or late afternoon?

Great! I am landing in Denver around 9:00 on the 4th, so I would say 11:00 or later?
Of course, this entire plan depends on my flight being on time. Unfortunately the 4th is the only date that works for golf.

@jhkaplan Let us know if it works for you, we would love to have you as well.