Roll Call: Colorado -- @PJM v Colorado Golfers, @PJM only half guilty

If you were smart, you’d hit up Green Valley Ranch or Riverdale Dunes at 10:30 on your way to a 3:30 tee time at CommonGround… :grin:

It may not work for you depending on your overall schedule here in Denver, but later in the afternoon would be preferable for me.

That’s fine with me, and that would work well with @jhkaplan’s plan mentioned above.

Would a 3:30 or 4:00 tee time be ok?

7%-10% depending on temperature is a pretty easy rule of thumb adjustment from sea level.

1 Like

Yeah, that would work for me.

1 Like

I think I’m in!

Are you really going to try to play Green Valley Ranch or Riverdale dunes on your way there?? I was half joking, but it’s certainly not the worst idea I’ve ever had.

1 Like

Anyone up for playing Saturday? I booked Riverdale Dunes at 12:03 on Saturday and have a few spots open, or I’d be up for playing CommonGround or some other place closer to Denver/South Denver

I can’t do this weekend, but next Friday or Sunday (31st and 2nd), I would be happy to get something together. If there’s any interest, I can grab a tee time or two somewhere. Seems like CommonGround is a good choice, but I’d be down for almost anywhere.

I for sure am going to try. Provided my flight gets in on time, should be doable. Which one would you recommend?

I havent played Riverdale Dunes yet, but a few people have mentioned it to me this season as being an amazing course for the $. I have a tee time there for this weekend, we’ll see if I keep it or if I bail to CommonGround. Riverdale is a Perry Dye course though, so I’m sure it’ll eject me quick.

Green Valley Ranch is a pretty good track. I think I dont appreciate it as much as I should. It’s right next to the airport. Has some really fun, tough, and interesting holes. My biggest drawback to the course is it seems to be built on the only part of Colorado that has a ton of insects. Horse flies everywhere, I’ve walked off of holes due to the mosquitos. It’s not something we really deal with a lot in Colorado. Not sure if the insects will be bad this early in the season, or if they’ll be worse since it’s still pretty wet.

1 Like

I’m always down for CG. I live in littleton, it’s a 35 min drive but I dont mind heading up there if it works for everyone else. I thin I’d prefer Sunday, on the earlier side. I need to confirm with my wife though, I might be on baby duty that afternoon

I live near Golden, so if there’s no other interest, we could do somewhere closer to us (Lone Tree, Meadows, Deer Creek). But CommonGround is fun and accessible for most of town, so I don’t mind going there if there’s other interest.

I love playing Fox Hollow as well, that’s definitely closer to both of us. I’m boycotting Deer Creek this season, they pissed me off back in April and I can’t get myself to play there, even though it’s close.

I’m in the Fox Hollow men’s club, so I play there a lot. Would prefer somewhere else, honestly.

I haven’t been to Deer Creek in years, but I have heard that it’s going downhill. Which is too bad, because there’s some cool holes here. On the front 9 especially.

Cool let’s either stick to CG or find another place. I love Lone Tree, tend to play there more than anywhere. I’m up to play it as well, although I kind of feel like playing somewhere else also. Not as much fun to walk either…

Deer Creek really is mismanaging the course. They announced a crazy deal Twilight Membership earlier this year. $60/mo to play unlimited twilight golf (up to 18/day), free range balls, and a free beer with cart rental ($15/round). I called and asked if we could walk with this deal and not have to pay the cart rental fee, and they said that was no problem. I went to sign up, and they reneged on the cart rental fee, and said it was mandatory, even if we walked. They actually dont even have a walking rate for normal play, they have just one rate that includes cart rental. The whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth and just confirmed to me what I’d felt in previous seasons, that they were severely mismanaging the course.

How do you feel about the Meadows? I’m a big fan, even though some of the holes on the back 9 aren’t the greatest.

Never played it actually. Have been to the range there a few times but never played the course. I’d be down

Cool. Let’s see if there’s interest in CommonGround for the 2nd, and then we’ll decide about that. I’ve also never played Lone Tree, so I would be fine with that, too. I play Meadows once or twice a year and really enjoy it.

Lone Tree really is a great track, it was the first “muni” I played out here after moving from Chicago 5 years ago, and it blew me away. Some really fun holes, great condition, and a nice change of pace between the front and back.

@jhkaplan @Moultz Going to book a tee time this morning for CommonGround. Thinking a nice evening round. teeing off at 4:10. (June 4th) That work for everyone? Is there a 4th person that would like to join? (seams like the type of thing @Lazstradamus would show up for)
I will also be playing a round earlier in the day, any are welcome to join. (tentative)

1 Like