Roll Call: Colorado -- @PJM v Colorado Golfers, @PJM only half guilty

Welcome to our cow town. What part of town do you live in, will help us make some recommendations.

that’s Greeley

I’ll echo good things about Club Champion. I got a full bag fitting there last summer and my wife did a driver fitting there as a Christmas present.

My wife enjoyed her fitting so that’s about as good a recommendation as I can give.

But I’ll also echo that if you buy your clubs through them after the fitting you will be paying a premium.

There are now two locations in Denver area. Down south in Highlands Ranch off of County Line and up north in Westminster off of 144th/I-25 in the Orchard Town Center shopping area.

I would guess the two PGA Superstores also do actual scheduled fittings (not just grab a random employee to hit 5 balls on a jankly launch monitor) as they have the bays and scheduling for it, but I’m not sure of the quality of it. Never heard.

PGA super store stinks, those guise can’t wait to get rid of you

1 Like

I went through True Spec down at Castle Pines for my recent fitting. It was pricey but I feel like its comparable to Club Champion as far as price. Tyler, who does the fittings down there, was awesome. Spent so much time with me because I was his only fitting that day and we did a full bag, and they do the fittings on the range so I got to hit outside and off grass instead of a mat (absolutely hate mats).

Had the trackman dialed up and got to try so many combos, spent like 3 hours on the irons by themselves and walked away getting fitted for clubs that I would not have personally “fit” myself into and have definitely taken some strokes off my game. And he bought me lunch that day, which I don’t know if he does that for everyone but it was a nice touch.

It was an awesome experience and would recommend.

Thanks for the info guys. I went to Lennys and the pga superstore today. Hit the Maverick and Taylormade Sim completely different on each monitor. Go figure?! I hate hitting clubs in those bays

Shout out to my fellow Highlands Ranch Target NLU fan. May your Yukon treat you as well as mine.

Is that right now? My wife didnt tell me she was going to Target…

2 Likes

I guess so!

Bahaha! Keep an eye on the credit bill!! Should have know it was your rig!

1000% she’s there returning shit, so I’m good with it. Hopefully she remembers to grab bananas.

4 Likes

I’ve taken a couple of lessons from Dan. I really like him and he is interested in seeing the improvements. Heavy with the TrackMan and video. Will keep working with him.

Playing Riverdale Dunes and Green Valley Ranch this weekend with some buddies. If I am snagging some merch, which course should I buy from?

1 Like

Anyone playing the CGA Western Chapter at Tiara Rado this weekend? I live on the Western Slope so I’m heading down to GJ to get some tourney reps.

Riverdale, Riverdale, Riverdale. Praised be Pete

2 Likes

I second this, GVR isn’t anything too special IMO

1 Like

Riverdale Dunes was sweet, great course for the money, just so busy (almost a 6 hour round). GVR back 9 I thought was interesting. Front 9 left a lot to be desired.

GVR is so bad for the state. The CO open should be rota style since there’s a number of courses that could absolutely host it, and actually get a “Colorado” feel to the event, instead we get freaking eastern Colorado 90s suburbia development snooze fest golf.

Fuck that place

5 Likes

With a notable exception, I don’t really mind GVR that much. I thought it was a decent course, but I’ve only really played it one time.

But yes, they should put the Colorado Open at Walnut Creek and stretch it back to 8000 yards or however far they can get

1 Like

Not so hot take, walnut, a muni, is such a better course than GVR in about every way

2 Likes