Roll Call: Colorado -- @PJM v Colorado Golfers, @PJM only half guilty

Got out for 18 for the first time in almost 2 months at UD at Highlands Ranch. Got around in 3:40…so nice.
Haven’t been in a positive frame of mind with everything going on. Amazing what a couple good shots and sunshine can do for you.

5 Likes

Yeassss welcome back!

2 Likes

Glad you guys are getting out. I finally got out last Tuesday and surprised myself with a good performance. Hoping everyone else is finding as much luck as I did.

We abandoned CO for a few weeks and are in Phoenix. I’m planning to walk 18 in a few days…at noon. Lord help me.

Also, we’re permanently abandoning CO for Oregon in December. We’ll be about three hours from Bandon so I’m looking forward to taking advantage of “cheap” winter golf there and Oregon resident rates in December and January.

Being a short drive you can find those awesome weather windows and sneak over for a day or a few days. We’ve even gotten some 36 holes days in January wearing short sleeves. Hashtag Ban Diego. glgl with the move

All good here on the western slope. Courses have been open the whole time - Battlement is even having their 36 hole tournament this weekend. Tee times instead of shotgun start and one person per cart (I’m walking) but it should be fun to play.

1 Like

Thanks for the well wishes on the move. Six months and counting…

Years ago when I was planning to make my first trip out there (still haven’t) I got a few tips as I was planning that there was no good reason to go in the summer because you could get better weather in winter sometimes. I always assumed I’d never play there any time other than Dec-Feb. Appreciate that confirmation.

I love the game, but you’re going to have a hard time convincing me any rounds are worth that much money. Most I’ve ever paid was my round at North Berwick, and that was during December as well. I love winter links golf, so I’m really looking forward to this new season of life for us.

Hi all,

I have a long time friend who lives in the Boulder area that is wanting to start golfing. I made the recommendation that he should check out a local shop and see what they have for some used sets that are a year or two old. I saw that there is a Golftec and a Golf Galaxy in the area.

Are there any small shops out there? Or anyone in the area selling anything similar?

Your friend in golf,
Brent

Wish I had my other set of clubs in CO and not AL right now. I’d be open to letting my JPX 850 Forged go.

Hmmm I dunno. Forged probably would not be great for someone just picking up a club. The bigger the sweet spot, the better at that stage.

I didn’t think they were the most forgiving, but certainly not hard to hit. And they’d be a set that’d stick around for a while as he got better. Just figured I’d chime in with what is (but really isn’t) laying around!

Also trying to remind myself to actually post on here once in a while.

Maybe just go swee what one of the big box stores has in their used sections. There’s usually some okay deals on older used sets at Golf Galaxy, like you mentioned earlier. Wedges can definitely be had for cheap in okay condition.

I’ll rifle around and see what I have in the way of woods and hybrids though!

1 Like

Not a whole lot of small shops up here in the North Metro/Boulder area if you don’t have access to a pro-shop at a nice course already.

Golf Galaxy, GolfTec and the newer PGA SuperStore in Westminster are about it.

There is also a Play-It-Again Sports up in Boulder if he wants used, but honestly, Golf Galaxy has a used section as well.

1 Like

I haven’t been to Flatirons lately, but they might have some used sets for sale. If not, I’d just suggest he hop on Callaway Preowned or 2nd Swing if he has a slight idea of what he wants.

1 Like

hey y’all,

I’ll be in Denver this week visiting my brother and I managed an invitation up to Ballyneal on Tuesday. I brought my clubs with me, but couldn’t get my push cart out here.

Does anyone have a push cart they might let me borrow from Monday evening to Tuesday evening? Will come pick up Monday and drop off Tuesday. Happy to compensate or treat you to a round somewhere around Denver on Wednesday or Thursday. Would appreciate it bigly!

1 Like

I’ve got one in Highlands Ranch that’s yours if you can’t find one closer!

Hey man, I’m actually out at Ballyneal right now and they have Rickshaws to rent for $15 if you want to go that route.

2 Likes

I hate you Josh.

(Jelly yo. Enjoy it!!!)

1 Like

Downtownish Denver here. Play 2-3 times a month, typically the Denver munis but will play anywhere.

How’s that course?

Greetings from the PNW Roll Call. Wanted to see if I could bug a few people to get some thoughts. My gf and I currently live in Seattle but she’s very interested in Colorado for our next move. My company has offices in Boulder and Denver so it would be an easy transfer. We’ve both visited before but I honestly don’t remember much.

If we wanted to do some advanced recon, what would be the best neighborhoods to checkout? Golf access is great, but probably secondary to other concerns :slight_smile: . We’re both late 20s and currently live downtown, but we’d prefer to live just outside downtown without going full suburb.

If it helps, the Boulder office is a few blocks from the Boulder Theater and the Denver office is in LoDo. Happy to take this to PMs!

2 Likes

Ha. Nice timing. Anything to do with the insurrection occurring in your city? Colorado is full. Stay on the west coast.

Seriously though, without knowing what the upper price range of housing you are looking for, it’s hard to recommend neighborhoods. There is no near downtown in Boulder that isn’t a suburb that has good golf. You’re either in Boulder with no good golf or not in Boulder and in a suburb with golf. Denver has a lot more areas near downtown, but not really a suburb. Either way be prepared for very high housing prices if you aren’t in a suburb. Even the suburbs have gone pretty crazy.

1 Like

Haha no relation to the insurrection. That’s just a normal day in Seattle.

Considering we’ve paid anywhere from $2.5k to $3.5k on rent for a 1BR in the city, I’d say that’s probably our upper limit. That said, more than 1 bedroom would be a nice change! Points taken about location though. Sounds pretty similar to here with regards to city access vs. golf access.

1 Like