Roll Call: Colorado -- @PJM v Colorado Golfers, @PJM only half guilty

I think I’ve actually enjoyed playing without warming up a lot more than I expected. I might even be playing better just showing up, doing some quick yoga on the first tee, 2 practice swings, then firing away.

1 Like

My wife is on multiple calls a day about how they are going to slowly open their office back up starting next Monday. She manages the facilities for a energy company based downtown.

Coordinating with the building management company and all of the other big tenants so they have some sort of coherent plan and they aren’t working at cross purposes.

4 Likes

That’s exactly what I look like, minus the haircut :frowning_face:

I’ve seen the ‘quick yoga’, the form needs work

Well, Brian Kemp is a moron who used voter suppression to attain office, so it’s not like he’s really qualified for the job…

Fortunately my wife already cuts my hair so I’m good on that front (need one soon though, getting shaggy).

And also good is that Durango’s muni went through a short closed stint but has been back open for a while. Bad news is that its always crowded and is a fairly boring back-and-forth driver/wedge course. I did get out there last week and the other group members told me about people trying to call the cops on golfers “not standing 6 feet apart”. Bad apples being bitter about their parks being closed while the course is open apparently.

Anyone know if there are any driving ranges open this weekend? I tried calling today for tee time at CG but jam packed, anyone have any openings in their group there either?

I havent heard of any driving ranges open, unfortunately. All the courses I’ve seen that are open have ranges closes, and they dont allow you to get out of your car to walk to the 1st tee until 10-15 min before your tee time.

I’ve heard that Raccoon Creek’s practice facilities are open.

I think Highlands Ranch was open, but that was a couple weeks back

Highlands ranch is open, but it is getting beat up badly.

1 Like

How has everyone been doing with golf? People getting out to play? I think the courses have been busier than ever! I have been going to highlands mainly to hit balls, only one I really know of that has their range open to the public. it gets beat up, but better than nothing. Have any other public range’s opened?

Fox Hollow, Foothills, and Fossil Trace’s ranges are all open. I’ve only been to Fossil Trace’s range, and you have to call ahead for a reservation to use it. It’s expensive - $10 to hit balls for 35 minutes - but it’s better than nothing.

Thorncreek’s is open.

Yeah thats pricey. Highlands I have been impressed with their system. Pay at the range dispenser, three sizes of balls. Medium is $9.00 for 50 and I think large is $14.00 for 100. Going to try Raccoon Creek today, I believe they are doing $9.00 for 70.

Honestly just starting to think about golf the past few days. I never thought courses should have closed in the first place (and I’m far from being a skeptic of the virus) but I didn’t feel good about getting out to do something I love while my kid can’t go to museums and my wife can’t really do much of anything either. But the reopening of a lot of courses has finally made me itch to play. I think I’m going to play my first round since late March next Monday or Tuesday.

This is almost exactly how I feel @brianhorne8. I’m itching to play, but just can’t get everything out of my head to the point where I won’t feel guilty/sad/ect about playing.

1 Like

First time out to Raccoon Creek today, pleasantly surprised by the facilities! Range was in solid shape and they are not designating spots to people so I think thats why the turf was in good condition. $9 for 70 balls not a bad deal either

I’m only taking solace in the fact that if my wife were in my shoes, I’d tell her to go and do as she pleased. I know when she says to go play she means it. Regardless, it’s hard to shake the feeling.

1 Like