Roll Call: Colorado -- @PJM v Colorado Golfers, @PJM only half guilty

Bear Dance and Fossil Trace in one day is really ambitious. I’ve actually done it, but I had one of the first tee times at Fossil Trace and barely beat the sunset at Bear Dance. It’s about an hour drive between the two, so you’d have to plan accordingly. Depending on how hard you guys go at it at night, getting up early enough to hit both courses will be tough.

2 Likes

Yeah, I realized Bear Dance and Fossil Trace are a bit of a drive apart, but I thought it seemed possible. Say a 7 am tee time at the first one, 5 hour round (worst case) takes us to 12 pm. Allow 2 hours for the drive and some lunch. 2 pm tee time at the second one, done by 7 pm. I’m seeing sunset as being after 8 pm in July. That might work right?

1 Like

In July, it shouldn’t be a problem. It’s more about whether you’ll have the energy to do all that.

2 Likes

The other issue is that there is construction on I-25 down near Bear Dance and as a result there are often accidents. There also is a Renaissance Festival near Bear Dance on the weekends in July that causes traffic on I-25. If you’re going to stick with the BD/FT combination, eat lunch at the second course instead of where you play in the morning, so if there is an issue you won’t miss the tee time. Both courses are known for having better than average golf course food.

1 Like

Yeah, traffic around Bear Dance is a nightmare with the I-25 construction. Add in a RenFair weekend and you may never reach the course.

1 Like

I will chauffeur you all between courses if you play in RenFaire attire.

7 Likes

I’d consider playing Riverdale Dunes instead of Bear Dance. It’s typically in great shape and a good test. Geographically more desirable than BD, and accessible from downtown. Go to Avanti for drinks and food–nice viewing all the way around.

3 Likes

Last year we did Homestead then Fossil Trace in one day. Was very easy and a very enjoyable day.

2 Likes

Hello all! New to Denver for about a month or so, when can we expect golf season to arrive? All I have heard about the Denver winters are how pleasant they are and January was great! Is this typical for February and can we expect this snow to be all gone by the first week of March?

Welome!

February 2020 has been abnormal compared to the past several years. 9news had an article on the 18th about it. Snow yesterday, 50s the next two days, back to more snow on Sunday and Tuesday. Not sure much golf will be in the cards this February.

As for March: it tends to be Denver’s month with the most snow but the swings in temp do tend to be more drastic: 60s and then snow and then back to the high 50s, etc. “Typically” more opportunity to golf in March.

That said, we had a nice blizzard on Cinco de Mayo last year and even snow a few weeks after in 2017 (I think but don’t quote me on the year). Plus, the summers of 2014-2018 SUCKED (bad drought and subsequent fires) so snow now (front range and the mtns) leads to non-shitty conditions this summer.

1 Like

@ClubThrowGuy pretty much nailed it. In the past 5ish years, I’ve been able to play at least 9 holes of golf every month except January 2019 and, barring some big melting, this February.

You should be able to play a good amount in March, but it can be hit or miss. April and May are good except when we get storms, which will happen a couple of times a month, depending on the year.

@jhkaplan the Alamo duel has me thinking again, how we looking for your duel with Eric at CG? Do we need to call around and line up a plan b just in case?

Yeah we should probably pick this back up once @leric90 gets back from the Alamo. We can book as many tee times as we need at CG, but we’ll need to plan more.

1 Like

Love it,

If we want to get merch made, I got a gui

1 Like

Yeah we should start planning logo, merch, etc. you can be chairgui

I’ll gladly take the roll of merch chairgui, lucky I have mad average skills with abode Ai

1 Like

i am coming for you, no doubt about it, there will be no mercy, it will be the end, and before you even know, it will all be over

Plus CA vs CO Ryder Cup? It’s gonna be a bloodbath

1 Like

Hopefully your illustrator skills are better than your spelling

1 Like

I’m not even going to edit that, impressively bad

2 Likes