Roll Call: Colorado -- @PJM v Colorado Golfers, @PJM only half guilty

Starts with everyone thinking they need a cart and on “path only,” it absolutely slows everything down. Add on groups ahead not playing ready golf, 3-4 practice swings each, no markers and people playing the wrong boxes, missing the cart girl so driving backward to get a beer, and no marshals trying to keep a decent pace = frustrating experience.

Oh yeah. Carts on “cart path only” days are the worst.

Our club has gone cart path only from 11/1 through March. I walk as much as I can so avoid the “cart path only” gyrations as much as I can.

Although, frankly I think we’re going to get slammed on revenue shortfalls come spring. (as a private, member owned club).

@rka where are you a member at?

The Ranch in Westminster.

I’ve teed off between 12:00pm and 2:00pm the past few weeks to play 9 at CG and all of the rounds have been 2:00 to 2:10 in foursomes. Going to try to get 18 in this weekend, seems like a lot of folks in the afternoons are just doing 9, so hoping to make up some additional time on the back.

Nice, that place looks fun, reminds me a little of Inverness really

Hello friends

In a momentary blackout due to excitement about the weather forecast I booked a 10:50 tee time at Hyland Hills (gold) for Saturday morning forgetting that my fiance purchased us tickets to Cookie and Beer fest at Denver beer co for the same time/day. So - there are 1 spot available if anyone wants to fill it please just send me a DM on here. Such a good time I didn’t want it to go to waste.

EDIT: This is for Saturday, Feb 1. 2020

Any open spots left for CG on Saturday?

Yeah, 1 spot left, I moved the tee time to 12:10 to make sure we can get 18 in, let me know if you want it!

Awesome. I’ll take it!

Me tonight praying for plenty of morning melt

1 Like

Depends on where you’re trying to play. Legacy Ridge opened up at noon today.

Yea death by parkland style, notch another point for links style

1 Like

Enjoy playing this weekend, folks. I fly back tomorrow afternoon and had looked forward to playing this week, then saw the forecast for Monday and Tuesday…

Hey guys, hoping for a little help here. I’m planning a bachelor party for my brother and we’ve settled on Denver. Just 4 us coming to town for a long weekend of golf and beer.

Based on reading through various threads, I’ve put together the tentative plan to fly in on a Thur evening in July, play Murphy Creek and CommonGround on Friday, then play Bear Dance and Fossil Trace on Saturday, and fly home Sunday. Would stay in a rental condo right next to Coors Field.

Does that seem reasonable? Where have I gone wrong so far?

Any suggestions for breweries/bars/restaurants/activities?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

1 Like

I’d definitely look for Rockies tickets and catch a game if you can. A nice July night at Coors Field isn’t something to be missed if you’re right there.

Breweries, you’ll be right next to Wynkoop. I’d hit it just for the history. Prost is within walking distance across 20th street from the ballpark as well if you like German style beerhalls.

Just wander north of the ballpark into RINO neighborhood and you’ll find more restaurants than you can shake a stick at. I like Work & Class and Cart & Driver. Same building on Larimer.

1 Like

Seconding Work and Class. Also gotta eat at Biker Jim’s.

1 Like

Thanks, would you pick that area (Ballpark/RINO) as a place to stay and make a home base for the weekend? Or should I consider some place else?

1 Like

Murphy Creek and CG are south and east. Bear Dance waaay south and FT is straight west. You’re going to have some driving to do, no getting around that. I’d double check google maps and any expected tee times and see if that’s something you’re up for.

But you make up for it by being right in the heart of the action at night. And believe me, I used to live right next to Coors, you’re in the heart of it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I personally think MC and CG are doable. I’d do the morning round at Murphy and the evening at CG so you’re heading west in the afternoon. I have to think pace of play will be better in the afternoon there too than it would be if you did it the other way around.

Bear Dance and Fossil Trace is another story. One is indeed way south and the other way west. It’s got to be at least an hour between the two courses. You’d probably be better off playing Bear Dance and The Ridge at Castle Pines in the same day, but you may want to check me on that one.

You’ll have fun where you’re staying, no doubt. We live in Cap Hill, so not too far away from where you’ll be. Loads of good food and beer nearby.

1 Like