Roll Call: Colorado -- @PJM v Colorado Golfers, @PJM only half guilty

I’m visiting for a week this coming week. Would love to get an early am weekday round in. Or if you’re not available, any suggestions on where to play.

I’m out of town for a couple of weeks, so won’t be around to host. If you’re in Boulder, probably best to play Walnut Creek, but if I were you, I’d make the drive down to Commonground if you’ve never played it.

2 Likes

They started the main irrigation system work at Walnut Creek. Call to get a status on how many, if any, holes are closed before booking.

Good news / bad news situation here.

Good news:
Got invited to play Columbine CC for free tomorrow.

Bad news:
It’s a scramble.

I think that’s gonna have to be a no from me. I swore off scrambles a few years ago.

4 Likes

have to play fossil trace (get a before 10am tee time)

1 Like

Yeah we are playing there. Although we have a 10:40-11am times. Besides that nothing was available that wasn’t before 9 (trip is still a month out haha). This group won’t be organized to get for a pre 9am tee time.

1 Like

I’m of the opinion that Fossil is the ultimate bachelor party course.

It’s fun. It’s ridiculous. It has great views.

It’s right smack dab close to Golden to get into further shenanigans.

Quite frankly it’s the perfect course to get a bit loose on.

7 Likes

That’s $150 for guests of members. It was $200 for the CGA play day (although with lunch). yeah it’s a scramble but …

1 Like

I can afford that, I just cant afford a 6hr round while I wait for some random dude who couldnt hit the ocean from a boat measures out his string…

I think I’ve reached my come to Jesus/Gankas/Karawswa/Harmon moment… I need help.
Does anyone have a recommendation for a swing coach in the south metro area? Video/trackman/data is a must for my neurotic tendencies.

I have a skytrak and an iPhone. Let’s do this.

3 Likes

1 Like

Hi all. New to the Refuge and to Colorado. Living in the Lakewood area and wouldn’t hate meeting up with a few of you!

8 Likes

Quiet in here lately!

For those interested, Fried Egg is releasing a video on CommonGround at 6P MST tonight. Should be a great watch. Hopefully it doesnt lead to a rush in bookings and clog up the course worse than a @PJM sprayed drive.

https://twitter.com/the_fried_egg/status/1572335273878458372

6 Likes

Lordy I miss living by CG…pumped for this

the discord chat has eaten up much of the market share

1 Like

Is there a link for the discord? I’m in Denver a bunch.

link is in the website footer

https://urbrohlers.wixsite.com/urbrohlers

1 Like

There is a good chance I’m moving from KC to the Denver area later this year and am getting ahead of things a bit looking around at where to live/play. Your guys’ thread here and this video + some other research has me dying to play at CommonGround.

It looks like some other options I’ve seen listed more than once are Legacy Ridge/Walnut Creek up on the north side of town, along with Riverdale, Wellshire & City Park, Interlocken, and maybe Wellshire? I know this kind of things gets asked all the time so don’t want to spam you guys with more of it, but if anyone would be so kind to reach out with details/suggestions on membership info and tee time availability that would be awesome.

As someone who lives in the Bay Area (a place people love to talk about their public golf scene) and who spends a lot of time in Denver, I’m incredibly jealous of the Colorado public golf scene (other than the season length) I think it’s way deeper and super underrated.

2 Likes