Roll Call: Colorado -- @PJM v Colorado Golfers, @PJM only half guilty

I echo what Shane said. We have great public golf and the courses you mentioned are usually what the crew here plays.

Memberships in Denver are pretty steep right now and I think most have a waiting list. Most private clubs are central to south, excluding Lakewood and Rolling hills.

For context Rolling Hills is a 70k initiation and around $1000 in monthly dues from what I can tell

1 Like

We can play 12 months a year here…

2 Likes

sometimes

1 Like

This has probably been shared here before, but this is a great summary of the private scene in Colorado:

I live in NW Denver, and while I love the neighborhood, it’s not ideal for golf. There are no public driving ranges within 15 minutes.

2 Likes

Unless @PJM or I are making the tee times.

4 Likes

Forgot about you curses. And I’m on the phone with Bandon booking @PJM and my return trip for next year…

No such thing as bad weather, just soft golfers.

4 Likes

Shots fired!

Yes.

1 Like

Is this considered to be fairly accurate on initiation fees? A decent source told me Cherry Hills was trending close to double what’s in the brochure

I can’t speak to Cherry Hills (wish I could), but I know that the listings for Columbine, Lakewood, and Pinehurst are pretty accurate. Cherry Hills may be a special case since they’re hosting the US Am next year.

My father in law is a member and luckily got in in his 20s at a low initiation but he’s starting to be unable to justify the dues. They’re getting “laughably outrageous” from what he says. They’re redoing the clubhouse for no reason (his words) which was a wild assessment I guess. I think he might start looking around.

I think we have a few private course members here that have said some figures are off.

1 Like

My club is listed in that brochure. It’s low versus our current initiation fee.

The monthly dues are close.

1 Like

Was that Tuesday on Jubilee? It feels like Tuesday on Jubilee.

That data is basically from the end of last year. With increased demand most clubs are higher now and most are on waiting lists.

And wild assessment indeed. I heard it was 6 figures.

Valley’s initiation has gone up a bit and we are waitlisted now. I believe this was accurate as of the time of publication though.

Hah that was Thursday at bandon Preserve. Way harder rain than anything we got in Scotland.

A family friend just joined Cherry Creek CC. I dont have the details on what deal he got, but he got in for less than the published brochure rate. I guess it helps that he’s 70, they probably wouldnt make the deal to us younguns.

My club is in this brochure as well and it was accurate until the board raised the initiation fee another 25% in August. Monthly dues are accurate as well.

Boulder CC?