Roll Call: Colorado -- @PJM v Colorado Golfers, @PJM only half guilty

Literally

tenor

It was fun! I cracked 325 on two drives, hit a 6 iron 220, and hit a pitching wedge 163!

It is a joke how far the ball is rolling today

2 Likes

Sorry, never made it out. Did my CC club fitting and my knee flared up so I’m sitting here like an old man icing it.

1 Like

Got out and played 9 up north. Nice day.

2 Likes

I’d get in on this when I can actually make it. Problem is my schedule is so inconsistent.

The move is to break out the adjustment wrench your driver came with and pilot a hole with that. Worked like a charm at Riverdale after all that December snow we got.

2 Likes

Last minute doctor’s visit has me driving to the Springs today from Durango. Which got me thinking. Anyone have a lead on an indoor practice facility or potential simulator there? I’ll have all evening free. I can read responses as I stop on the drive. Thanks in advance!

In on this. Likely have at least one other interested too.

Any thought on Homestead/Fox Hollow? 45 holes between the two and it is central for South/Central Denver Metro.

Fox Hollow is the better of the two, in my opinion. Homestead is very short, 5048 yds from the backs, but has a ton of elevation change.

Fox Hollow >> Homestead Front 9

Homestead Back 9 >>>>> Fox Hollow

(saying this as a guy that plays most of his rounds at Fox Hollow)

1 Like

Wellshire? Very central

Hard yep!

For clarification- I was making recommendations on centrally located courses that should not have problem getting varying numbers off the tees, reasonable fees, and different styles to make make weekly/bi-weekly outings more fun.

Yeah, I know. I would love to have a weekly game at Fox Hollow (or Homestead, for that matter). Unfortunately, they’re going to be hard to get to if you’re east of I-25.

All good places to play, I think the goal is to spread it around a bit. CommonGround, Fox Hollow, Homestead, Wellshire, broken tee par 3, etc etc etc. We’re organizing a small screen golf league at SBCC to get us through winter then will figure out if/how we can organize a bigger summer league.

With that said, here are some details on the winter screen golf league we’re setting up. We have 8 spots total, 2 open/remaining. We had to keep it small since we can only rent out 2 bays for 2 hours each.

Here are the dates (all at South Broadway location):

February 6th, 6:30-8:30
February 20th, 6:30-8:30
March 5th, 6:30-8:30
March 19th, 6:30-8:30
March 26th, 6:30-8:30
April 2nd, 6:30-8:30
April 9th, 6:30-8:30

Format & Details

• Double round robin (everyone plays everyone twice)
  • Match play format
  • Premier league style scoring (2 points win, 0 points loss,1 point tie)
  • League is from 6:30-8:30 PM on Tuesday and Thursday nights (please check schedule). Players will have 2, 1/2 hour matches/night.
  • Matches are 9 holes or until the 30 min clock expires.

Cost:

$225/season

Covers all screen/simulator time plus money in prize pool (winnings TBD).

PM me for details!

So far, we have the following fugees in:
@redbeard_golf @Moultz @PJM

1 Like

I’ve already dumped 300 into a D’lance winter membership, otherwise I would be in on the winter season, I’d get lit up by my roommate if I spent another 225

I like the rota approach for summer league, the only ones stopping us is ourselves. Start a Google doc, make some merch, challenge someone for pink slips, possibilities are endless

Man I’d miss half the dates. I so wish I could make it into this.

1 Like

We got something better for you
https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/duel-at-rocky-mountain-high-noon/19503

1 Like