Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 2)

Where are you staying?

Lincoln Square

1 Like

Not a city guy, but Pebble Beach of the midwest is your closest course.

8 Likes

Yup, for 9 holes you’ve got Syd by the lake, or Robert A. Black up north in Rogers Park, which is a short but challenging course with some fun greens. Options for 18 in the city include Jackson Park or Harborside.

3 Likes

Fun little project when the the season slows down a bit…we should all collab on a basic guide for non-Chicago nesters visiting Chicago in the golf season. Recs on places to play/avoid, top food/drink establishments, hotels, etc. Include a map as well. Make it fun and colorful and all that jazz.

17 Likes

Might be in for that as well if there’s space…

1 Like

You, me, @AlCzervik and my buddy Dan… I’m no math expert, but that’s a foursome so far. Who else wants to venture out to the prairie? https://prairieviewgolf.com/

This is also a good stop. https://hairycowbrewing.com/

3 Likes

Thanks! I’m going to grab an early tee time at Harborside. Any preference beteween Port/Starboard?
If anyone wants to join in on that time would love to have some Nest company for the round.

2 Likes

Lincoln Square expert here if needing other recs.

Borrowing this from the Shotgun Start boys…but let’s see how the White Sox are doing ever since Bryson threw out the first pitch to promote LIV

12 Likes

6 Likes

Was the rest of his staff there filming with you or he solo? https://twitter.com/ShaneLowryGolf/status/1575542614341742592?s=19

2 Likes

Haha mrs froman sent me that pic as she was working the field that day. He really needs a “no” man

6 Likes

Just played Highland Woods for the first time today. Layout was good, moderately challenging but fair and playable. Greens, however, were complete trash. They were recently aerified, but I can’t recall ever seeing aerified greens this bad. Wildly inconsistent, very bumpy (and not just the small holes in the ground) as if I was putting through tire treads. Was beginning to wonder if someone on the maintenance staff deliberately sabotaged the aerification, it was that bad.

2 Likes

Come see Waveland in the spring…

6 Likes

i’d go front of starboard back of port if possible

if you play back of starboard, please change the flowers at 17 green. that’s where @treeputttim finished me. i’m buried between the wall by the pond and the green short right. which i know sounds impossible, but that’s where i died.

7 Likes

Cog #1 wins for me back in '17 or so. Think it was steam tractor pulled, .5 in diameter plugs.

3 Likes

Big fan of “the warbler” never a bad meal. Sux I heard the huettenbar closed?

1 Like

The greens have never been good there. 2 green has had some type of fungus on it since at least 2018 in certain spots.

1 Like

All the old German gone in the square, they are now a local beer tap room with some holdover German taps though with quick cook frozen tavern pizzas. My past 2 Hansa trips they had sewer back up issues and not filling the void of Huettenbar and Brauhaus. DANK did install Brauhaus’s bar up on the 2nd level. Gotta hit up the 2 bars on Irving Park instead.

Big Warbler fan, some overlap in options/style with Gather. Both good for mocktails if needed. Sneaky best food at streetfest tent regardless of theme and season.