Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 2)

Psh…easy

Cog Hill, MPCC, Jackson Park, Arlington Lakes

12 Likes

Wait, they lumped in Shadow Creek and TPC Snodgrass with Pebble and Oakmont? What kind of meth are they running at Golf Digest hq?

I’m looking to play Monday morning but it looks like the 7am it full. Anybody else looking to get out first think in the morning?

Hi
I’m planning a trip to Chicago on the 23rd for a week but will be based in South Bend. Anyone have any recommendations for some good courses to play in the area?
Also if anyone knows where I can get some cheap sticks also that would be great.
Don’t fancy flying the clubs trans-atlantic with the airport situation
Thanks

2 Likes

That’s @BabblingBrooksKoepka ’s music

4 Likes

How many bad holiday weekend golfers did you all get stuck behind these past few days? I watched a group wait for 14 and 15 green to clear before teeing off at MP today.

4 Likes

Played Settler’s Hill on Sunday morning. Course is in roughhhh shape. I would advise against playing it this year unless it’s a smoking deal and/or the only course with an opening. Not totally surprised since they just re-opened it recently and I heard rumblings they rushed it a bit since they need to get some cash flow coming in…

This is incredible news for the Chicago golf/Bears community.

I for one am PUMPED to discuss which way the grain is growing as Justin Fields is scrambling for his life in Week 6

8 Likes

Can the park district keep the Bermuda alive until Halloween?

2 Likes

Grass and greens?
Was curious how opening with mid summer growth vs fall would work out for them.

Your two best bets, undoubtedly, are

The Warren Golf Course at Notre Dame - This is the university’s course, home to a US Senior Open, countless Am Qualifiers, College Tourneys, etc. Easily the best course in the area and not even all that expensive or difficult to get a tee time. Open to public, just be mindful if the football team is playing as it can be tough to get out on those weekends.

Blackthorn Golf Club - Former muni/Parks Dept. course that got some love and attention a while back. Credentials include a Symmetra Tour Host and regional am qualifiers / city championships. It’s definitely quirky with some forced carries and blind shots, but typically in good shape and I usually leave with a smile on my face because there are some easier birdie holes mixed in. Also elite hot dog at the turn.

Those are my clear top two (and would both have premium club rental options), here are some others if you want even more golf:
Burke 9-Hole Course at Notre Dame - super cheap 9 holer on the university’s campus with pretty views
Elbel, Erskine, and Eberhardt - these are the munis…you get what you pay for
Morris Park and Knollwood - these are private but I’ve heard of many people emailing the Pro and being able to get out on a guest pass for a day

Let me know if you need any food/bar recs or other things to do!

3 Likes

10/22 is fast approaching! I’m not going to tag everyone for a few weeks, but if you’re on this list and not able to attend, please remove yourself.

4 Likes

Need these on the sidelines. What a disgrace.

4 Likes

@SonnyD @krzeczowskimatt @RLSIII @cjordan929 @DylanC @SirPatrick_1 @dobee87 @CrunchyBear @wronghander

Please reconfirm you’re good to go for 10/22 in the above sheet

@Gibbler @wseitz26 @pfeil41 @Mr.Sunday

Crap, daughter’s birthday party for the second year in a row. I removed myself from contention.

3 Likes

November will be fun when it will be piss yellow, which should just about match the mood of the Bears fans by then. At least the old man in the family is relinquishing control of the team, a partial win.

My previous experiences with Bermuda grass is that it’s not a good grass for…well, anything really. Genuinely shocked they are attempting to use it on a football field. Good luck making a FG this season.

2 Likes

I had to remove myself unfortunately that is my clubs end of the year scramble and awards night.

1 Like

@FlyingWasp your in the reserves and their is space, please move yourself up if you can join us.

1 Like

Do I need to confirm here or in the sheet? I mean, I could be dead in a month, but otherwise, I’m still in.

5 Likes