Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 2)

Edit: no pressure to join the discord. It’s just another way we talk about a whole bunch of nothing. The tee times thread is probably the biggest benefit to the discord and ease of finding a group.

8 Likes

2DCBFCA9-9B22-4536-85A2-3DC333FC44A4

5 Likes

Neapolitan pizza is well represented in Chicago. Spaccanapoli is the goat but Forno Rosso and Nella are also very very good

5 Likes

It’s that time of year again in Chicago! Do you like waking up and trekking your ass out to the lake to watch sunrise and cold top a drive? Then WBC might be for you! For those that are new here WBC is a weekly Thursday quota game at Sydney Marovitz. A group of 8-12 of us pay ahead of time for 22 weeks permanent sunrise tee times from April to the end of August. We tee off at sunrise and play 9 holes in about 90 minutes so se can get back to the work grind/shit posting on discord and the refuge.

Full time membership is all spoken for, but the next best thing is to get on the sub list and follow the below thread. Each week there are always some open spots needed to be filled based on member’s schedules. Follow the thread and the google sheet and if someone needs a spot filled it’s first come first serve.

Questions let me know and happy to clarify anything you may be confused on.

Thread: Waveland Breakfast Ball Club: 2023 (Chicago, IL)

Google Sheet: Breakfast Ball 2024 - Google Sheets

@SecondCityGC

14 Likes

Great call. And don’t sleep on Sapori Napoletani up in Norwood Park. Was there a few weeks ago, very legit.

3 Likes

Good recs. I’d love to tell you that I’m going to try them, but I don’t know that I’ll ever stray from Spacca on my own will.

4 Likes

This place fuqs. It’s been a bit since we’ve been.

No idea if it’s true, but I heard the guy that opened it brought the oven over from Naples Napoli
:pinched_fingers: :it: :pinched_fingers: :it: :pinched_fingers:. (Edit for @Kerry’s benefit.)

6 Likes

My wife and I went to Coalfire Pizza when we were in the city in December, possibly the best pizza I’ve had outside of Rome. We got their pepperoni and whipped ricotta but I wanted a piece from the entire menu.

9 Likes

Florida?

6 Likes

Used to live around the corner - they shut down and send staff to Naples each year.

Owner usually is in all white, enjoying a coffee in front to start the day as things fire up, often seeing him bike to work.

Salsiccia is my go to.

5 Likes

That’s a different type of cooking.

2 Likes

My heart.

This was our old neighborhood pizza spot.

Probably been there 100 times.

7 Likes

Love the nduja there.

2 Likes

I am unfortunately going to have to drop from the winter meeting playing portion of events. Have some stitches in my back for the next two weeks, probably no golf for a month. May still join to heckle.

5 Likes

Thanks for the heads-up, hope you can still make it out to socialize

4 Likes

This place really needs a dislike button. Hope you heal fast!

6 Likes

Trying for that medical exemption to the NIT?

A BOLD strategy…

10 Likes

I know Waveland has the breakfast ball market pretty much cornered here, but would anyone up North be interested in getting a separate regular 9 hole weekday morning game together? Willow Hill maybe? Billy Caldwell? Tam? Canal Shores when it opens? I’m not well versed in getting permanent tee times at any of these places, but I want to get out and play regularly.

2 Likes

Up for WH, BC or Tam. CS might be a stretch but would love that.

1 Like

Can’t wait to hear about the pending North vs South Breakfast Ball Ryder Cup if this materializes. (Sun)Riser Cup? We can workshop the name…

7 Likes