Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 2)

One spot open at 7:40 on Saturday at Phillips Park

1 Like

Just discorded you, I’ll grab it

1 Like

Does anyone have a good pro in the city they can refer me to? I don’t really want to go through GolfTec if possible as I just want a couple fixes to work on this season.

1 Like

Max Evans at Parennial is solid - if you buy a package he’s probably one of the lower priced options in the city. He used to be at GolfTec I believe, but runs his own thing now. He’s @maxgolfperformance on Instagram if you want to look him up. Also - I wouldn’t recommend My Chicago Golf, I left my lessons there more confused than anything and have spent a while trying to get my swing back on track.

2 Likes

Sounds good thanks for that and thank you for the heads up at My Chicago because I was looking there with it being close to where I live

You may have a different experience but for me they just tried to change too much at once. With Max, I’ve only really changed two things in my swing over 5-6 lessons, so it wasn’t a complete overhaul and my confidence is coming back much faster.

1 Like

I’ll provide a slightly differing opinion here…I had a good initial swing review from Max but was sadly ghosted after the initial meeting and not sent any of the swing videos taken during the session.

2 Likes

I’m currently dealing with the ghosting as well. Have 4 lessons left from the 10 I bought last year in Feb. Been unresponsive for the last 6 months or so outside of liking/commenting on a few of my posts on Insta … He was at SMART Golf & Fitness before splitting a place with DePauls head coach just off Elston and North Ave (where I started with him).

Overall I do feel he helped me a lot (14 total lessons since early 2021) I pick up what he’s putting down and feel that he was able to take my awful explanation of what I feel during my swing and translate it into meaningful cues & things to work on. The lack of responsiveness and arriving late to lessons was obviously not ideal but once we got into it I really enjoyed my time. Definitely the cheapest option I’ve seen at $100 an hour if you buy a bundle of 10 lessons. Just have to hope you get a text back.

Lastly, I was pretty raw going in to lessons back in 2021 and would like to think I take coaching well so maybe the drop from 18 to 11 hcp would’ve happened regardless of who gave me lessons. We’ll never know.

You know what, I’m gonna text him again right now … maybe his ears are ringing.

8 Likes

Yeah that’s a good point, he might not be the most organized option in the city. But the $100/lesson is really hard to beat, and i agree the way he explains things is really palatable and actionable. Just have to hope he texts back lol

1 Like

I had a good experience at Golf 312 for the handful of lessons I took over there. Can’t remember the guys name now.

I mean, if he’s holding out on $400 on services that you paid for, fuck that gui

2CGC do your thing

7 Likes

@EConroy419 still owes me $100 from his lesson at burban memorial on the 14th tee s/

17 Likes

I hear there’s a great guy that does playing lessons at Canal Shores

3 Likes

Also Glen, the pro at the Glen Club who lives in Glenview, might have given me a couple tips that make me a closer to average golfer.

2 Likes

Tim Overman at Golf in Motion (in Bridgeport) is excellent. Really good communicator and extensive knowledge. He’ll also work with you beyond your lesson time and if you send him a swing video if you’re struggling he’ll take a quick look at it for you and try to get you right.

He also used to run the PGA Tour van for Mizuno and can help you get your equipment dialed or at least let you know if its holding you back at all.

I haven’t worked with him in a few years and I’m not sure what he’s charging now, but it was very reasonable back then.

6 Likes

Thank you! I will reach out to him too

He also has yet to send me the 2016 bottle of Pino I paid him for or give me the itinerary for our trip to SandHills.

6 Likes

If you are ever in the Lisle/Naperville area let me know. Happy to help!

5 Likes

But does he play cavity backs?

4 Likes

I will give alot of props to @Awol for breaking my swing and fixing it all in the same few lessons.

I have now done 3 lessons with him and my handicap has dropped from a 12 to a 7.3 in about one year. He gets just technical enough so that your brain isn’t swimming with 100 swing thoughts. I could not have even imagined the improvements I was going to make with his coaching.

8 Likes