Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 2)

@TrajMahal just grabbed it 8 minutes ago. Please send all complaints/concerns to him

5 Likes

Anyone going to this tomorrow?

Only 4 spots left!

Jump on over and get involved:

1 Like

Question: when do y’all switch from heating to a/c? I’m hesitant to knowing what I know about April weather here, so I’ve been opening doors and windows. Except I live close to the Highway, and the vehicle noise is rather bothersome.

2 Likes

I switch when it’s hot inside. My dog starts to actively be an asshole, becomes needy, and pants when it’s above 76. So, given the outdoor temps, the air is on so he is comfortable and I can get my work done.

2 Likes

Won’t convert here until the low’s move consistently into the 60’s.
Otherwise it’s windows open season!

2 Likes

@golfscout has asked that his magnum opus be shared on the refuge. I give to you his ranked collection of thirty seven golf course hot dogs in the Chicago area.

17 Likes

For me it’s usually when the weather goes from cold to hot. I just wish my Nest thermostat would quit fucking with me.

5 Likes

When the house gets to 83 degrees.

4 Likes

Wow, sicko. Got home from work, thermo showing 75. Opening the door, left to go get my son, came home to 78. Thinking about turning on the a/c for tonight.

1 Like

We get a good breeze 90% of the time, we’re up high. Our AC runs less than 10 times a year, probably more like 5 times a year.

I’ll sweat a little to keep the windows and breeze going.

We also let it get as low as 55 degrees as night. Less if the windows are open.

1 Like

Hats and visors with this please?

14 Likes

Someone grips the club a little too firm.

6 Likes

You a scorehead PTM?

6 Likes

Played with Tom Coyne at North Shore CC today.

We had a match and he got me 3&2.

And I’ll never forget it.

38 Likes

Too bad the weather sucked for you.

12 Likes

Well……I sat in my office all day. “Fart noises”

11 Likes

#83nation

I was until the big shakeup and the early Parkins years. NLU and SGS started up and getting regular, mixed with the downfall of the Score, haven’t really gone back.

9 Likes

Anyone ever play Willow Crest? It’s really close to my home and no one every talks about it. Looks like typical Nugent shit, but that’s not always bad for a public course.

I’ve played it a bunch. I’m pretty close to the course as well. When looking at the closest 18 local public courses - Fresh Meadows (Ghettos), Oak Brook, and Willow Crest - I prefer Willow Crest. Definitely isn’t going to win any awards. But I find it more interesting and enjoyable to Oak Brook (hate that front 9) and it’s generally in pretty good shape. Definitely plays longer than the yardage suggests.

Like all of them, pace can play can be hit or miss

3 Likes