Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 2)

Good list. I’d add Metropolitan to that list if you like German-style beer. Not elite by any stretch, but a really cool spot on the river.

5 Likes

It also kind of depends on what kind of beer you like. Rev and Half Acre are more jack of all trades (and Goose Island, really). Metropolitan is the best spot in the city (among breweries) to sit and have a beer, but you’re not going to find any IPAs or stouts, as they only do lagers. Pilot Project is kind of cool as a brewery incubator. Off Color Mouse Trap has a wide range of stuff, but again, no IPAs. Hop Butcher makes great stuff if you love hazies. Dovetail is another great lager (mostly) brewery, and is right next to Begyle if you really need the IPA fix. If you’re downtown-ish, I think Goose is fine, but you also have On Tour in that area, as is Midwest Coast (which I have not been to), and Great Central, where you’ll find a bit of everything, since they’re a contract brewer for some other local breweries, but also do their own German Style stuff. They may actually make my favorite beers of any brewer in the city.

8 Likes

See you all in the MP pro shop this season. Decided if I’m gonna spend all summer there I may as well get paid for it.

20 Likes

6 Likes

My favorite breweries and brewpubs when I’m back in the city-

corridor brewery and provisions
Maplewood
Hopewell
Bungalow by middlebrow
Piece

Bungalow has legitimately great pizza, piece has award winning pizza as well, and corridor is one of the best places for a drink that’s walking distance to Wrigley.

7 Likes

Thanks to all for the suggestions. We’ll be in the Loop area (apologies if this is incorrect terminology), near the river and close to the Art Institute.

3 Likes

I haven’t been but Corridor and Dryhop own Crushed by Giants. Or just go to Rossi’s.

1 Like

Now you can ask them for the extra spicy pins for the summit?

1 Like

Oh 100%

1 Like

Time to order your 2C Holderness and Bourne merch between now and Sunday, April 2nd. If you want something, send payment immediately because my credit card will get charged once I finalize with HB. My PayPal is Conroy419@gmail.com. I will not take Venmo. Prices are purely an estimate so there is a chance you will either get money back or I request a few more dollars per item once I get final word from HB.

I can either ship items to you for a $10 fee or you can arrange to pick them up at the MP event or a regular weekend round. Reach out if you have any questions.

8 Likes

If you wander up to the Logan Square area, you’d be able to hit quite a few breweries - Revolution (JOAT), Solemn Oath (Lots of IPAs/Hazys), Pilot Project (JOAT), Middlebrow (Unique, not sure how to describe), Orkenoy (Also unique), Ravinia (JOAT), and probably others that I’m not thinking of. Kind of a hot bed up here, and if you’re on Milwaukee, most are walkable.

3 Likes

Hey all! I need to back out of the Mudness, so if anyone wants to join there is a free spot (just message me).

1 Like

IHO our friend Dylan and a different Dylan, and our annual weather agnostic kickoff event, you don’t need a weather man to know which way the wind blows, but if you do need a weather app before committing things are looking prettay good

5 Likes

I have Wilco tickets for the show in 80 minutes. Can’t go. Anyone want them for below face?

Realizing I’ll have a wife-free weekend in Chicago April 15-16, going out with college friends Saturday night, but would love to get out and play that Sunday. I’ll likely be staying in Bolingbrook so would be preferred to stay kinda SW burbs since I’ll be coming home down 55.

Any decent golf that way & anybody wanting to plan something?

5 Likes

Mistwood
Cog Hill (play 2 or 4)
Ravisloe

Enjoy!

5 Likes

Is any of this embroidered with anything or just what is on the site? Sorry if I missed that info above

Embroidered with our logo

Mistwood, prairie bluffs and heritage bluffs are solid options in that area, cinder ridge in Wilmington right off of I-55 if you want to get weird. I should be around that weekend to play as well.

4 Likes

Yes

2 Likes