Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

I would not call it easy.

We went out at 1:11 and though busy things moved along. Only a few short waits.

Ahh yes. That forward tee. The back tee, about 225yrds, has been used in awhile.

i certainly won’t be volunteering to play from back there

1 Like

Hey all, I’m hoping to start a regular Sunday morning (9am or earlier) match vs someone at Sunset Valley in Highland Park. Looking to get started in April or whenever they open up for the season thru probably September. I’m 23 and play off of a 2. Reach out if you’re game, happy to open it up to more people if there is interest.

I’ll be in for two Mt Prospect booklets whenever those are available. These are excellent!

@IlliniGolferHack @TCRBrad
Stone creek lives!
Saved by the u of i!

3 Likes

What???

2 Likes

WHAAAAA??? Really?

I always really enjoyed the back tee because of how it rewards a great shot with a long iron/hybrid, but also wasn’t overly penal if you sprayed one out to the right. With a mediocre tee-shot you could still walk away with a par if you hit a good pitch.

That hole from the back tee is great. Agree with the bailout area right. That green, as most greens do, suffers from shrinkage.

1 Like

CHICAGO. I will be in your city. Will be my first time in your grand city.
HOW YOU CAN IDENTIFY ME: My NLU Bucket hat and lanky build will give it away. If that doesn’t, yell Icarito
HOW YOU CAN APPROACH ME: Will depend on the time of day. Early afternoon - with ease. Later Afternoon - with love Night - extreme caution. Past 12 - Good luck
HOW YOU CAN HELP ME: Insight to your city. What to do/what to eat/best places to play golf (I will be back)

Slainte

3 Likes

I will be consuming Irish themed brews from the comfort of home this year and prepping freezer food, putting and indoor mat and net instead of 10 bars and 3 dozen beers. But best of luck and enjoy.

Focusing on the immediate:
Are you staying downtown/River North?
Foodie, or seeking must get locals?
Breweries, cocktails or volume drinking? (Can’t rec any sports bars to catch conference tourneys and Players)

Golf:
Much addressed here on the thread - Harborside closest to city, Ravisloe from the Metra, drive to others like Mt Prospect, play Marovitz early, check out potential Tiger/Tour property at Jackson Park/South Shore. 5iron is much talked on here for indoor sims.

From all I’ve read on the thread and research, I’ve liked the look of Harborside. Going to come back when it warms up and hop around.

Staying near downtown, and will eventually hit the main Chi staples of food (as a NYer I’ll have to adjust) but I think biggest need is food recs.

I have a lot of folks travel in for work to my site so always have a list in my head…

Staples - find an Al’s for beef - both hot and sweet peppers, dipped. Get Chicago Dogs at numerous opportunities.
Listicles will have you go to Au Cheval - put your name in (could be hours), go have bevs at Lone Wolf or Haymarket.
Lou Malnati’s on north state if you need deep in the best Lou’s location in the area or Pequod’s if time and patience. Pizano’s less press but also solid, good thin/tavern. Piece for brews and New Haven style 'za and should have good social scene in area.
Given the weekend and pending style, if finding yourself in Wrigleyville, there’s an Al’s for counter order beef and dogs, sit down at Big Star for good bourbon and beer list, tacos. Wrigleyville Dogs for gyros and standard Chicago meats when over served.
D4, Fado etc Irish bars down that area.
If going bigger ticket little more upscale, get in to Bavette’s or Gilt Bar for steak and such.
Budlong or Roost downtown for some hot chicken after some bevs.
Game Room in Chicago Athletic Association for classier shuffle board, pool, bocce etc.
Rossi’s for dive bar that also lets you pull local brews from a fridge or have PBRs.

2 Likes

Got the Ravisloe framed print sample in the mail today, I’m pretty excited with how well it turned out.

If anyone is interested, you can buy a framed print at the link below.

Other courses will follow when I get a chance.

5 Likes

This is great. I like the green a lot more with this framing. Awesome work.

Hey everybody, supposed to play in a two ball in tomorrow’s Irish Open at Sydney Marovitz. My partner’s wife is pregnant and he’s uncomfortable playing - totally understandable. If anyone wants to play, let me know. Shotgun start at 10am. It’s going to be a cold one but I’ll bring the Jameson if you bring your own cup - LOL.

Super clean. Any way you’re for hire to do someone’s home course?

Sure, send me a dm