Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

Arrowhead in Wheaton closing tomorrow until further notice.

1 Like

Went to Canal Shores for the first time today over lunch. Didn’t invite any of you for health reasons. What a fun little place. Scraggly Midwest version of Winter Park 9.

5 Likes

Courses that have shut down that I know of: Highlands of Elgin, Mt. Prospect, Palatine Hills
Courses that remain open: Ravisloe, Sydney, Highland Woods

anyone else have updates?

2 Likes

Harborside open. Prairie Landing, Bowes Creek closed

2 Likes

Downers Grove, Springbrook and Naperbrook are open.

1 Like

Bolingbrook GC and Cog Hill both sent emails that they are remaining open

1 Like

Started a google doc to crowdsource. Update with what you know and feel free to share.

3 Likes

Anyone ever play Highland Woods? I’ve only ever played the front 9 twice, but I think it’s a bit of a hidden gem from what I can tell. The conditions were bad both times and I’ve heard horror stories about slow play there (expect 5 hour rounds), but the layout is really good.

I really like Highland Woods for all the reasons you mentioned but don’t play it as often these days for all the other reasons you mentioned and that it is a bit of a hike from the city.

1 Like

Weather is breaking next week should we launch em? I’m doing to post my low round with these new rules where you can just smack it at the cup. Let’s launch.

First attempt at a course vlog. Hope to do a few more of these before I move to SJ. Looking to do Canal Shores, Spring Valley, Ravisloe, Shepherds, Lawsonia, Sand Valley soon. Idk if this is interesting for anyone besides me haha. Productions values will get better.

4 Likes

Pritzker is about to issue a statewide shelter in place order (really this time).

Details sound like they’re being finalized but you have to assume that’s curtains for Spring golf. :sob:

I’m not giving up that easily!

3 Likes

i will continue playing my home course (i have a membership) until someone calls the cops on me.

1 Like

Not sure on what the rules are for golf courses. I know that businesses are forced to close, but it is also considered outdoor exercise. I’m praying they let them stay open for my sanity but I doubt that will be the case.

I would think that walking a course (and playing along the way) is considered “outdoor exercise”. I’m in Nebraska at my in-laws for the next foreseeable future, and their club said that if the state shuts down, the course will stay open to members to walk if we want. They said nothing about course maintenance or anything.

2 Likes

I have never said this in earnest until this moment, but truly, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

2 Likes

Thank you! My saving grace is that I have this amazing course at my disposal, should the state go on lockdown like Illinois. I will be thinking of all of you in Illinois!

1 Like

Hm.

1 Like

Yeah, Mt Prospect shared this earlier today from the Governor’s office. Left hand may not be speaking to the right in Springfield.