Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

I’ll be walking - likely going to hit some balls around 11 to get loose then head over to the #3 start. I’ll find @JBors & @PinkPantser.

How was cog today?

Was great! Was pretty packed and muddy. It took me a long time to clean all the mud off of my clubs and stuff.

Nice meeting you guys.

3 Likes

Also - was super happy that we were out playing golf instead of watching Reed win. That would have wrecked my day if I was sitting at home on the couch!

2 Likes

It was great getting out with everyone yesterday. Conditions were tough! @Tomdevito nearly got up and down out of a snow pile in a bunker. Would have been next level.

2 Likes

@Tomdevito, curious: do you just play that shot like a sand shot?

Wish I could’ve joined you guys, hopefully the next one!

1 Like

Haha yeah, the snow I was hitting out of was in a bunker anyways so had to just hit through the snow to get under the ball.

Anything ever come of this? Love the idea

Yeppp it’s here - The Boxcar: A Refuge Golf Tournament (Chicago)

1 Like

Started a new thread for this super early potential league we’ve discussed. Thought we’d keep it simple and call it “Breakfast Ball”

SO if you’re interested, start following that thread too and we can sort out details without hijacking the full chicago thread.

crack… ON

1 Like

Does anyone think there will be any courses open Sunday? Looking like 3 straight days of sunshine plus a high of mid-50’s on the Lord’s day.

1 Like

I would bet Cog Hill would be open.

Cog always open pretty much for 1 and 3. Up north somewhere might be better bet though as they got less snow early in the week. Unfortunately I’m not sure where up there would have the gates open.

I’m hoping that Village Links is playable on Sunday but my yard is still snow covered. Don’t think that tomorrow will be warm enough to clear the fairways.

any boots on the ground at the Chicago Golf Show? the exhibitor list is not exactly enticing. no Titleist. no Criquet or Peter Millar. certainly none of the Insta-friendly newer brands. (linksoul, mizzen, etc).

would consider going if there were any good equipment or apparel deals to be had, but looks pretty lackluster.

1 Like

Anyone want to meet up at Cog tomorrow?

me and @nocoastgolf are heading to syd.

1 Like

What time?

thinking like 1:30 or so for the #naptime9

will make it for 4!

Oh man. Too late for me unfortunately.

Side note, if anyone wants to do five iron golf this week in the AM, let me know. Shooting for Tuesday for sure at 8am. I’m allowed to bring up to three people for free.