Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

I’m sure we have some extras laying around. When did you play? We had an outing Saturday morning out there with the prince of MP, @EConroy419

7 Likes

Impressive dedication to the game after playing all day Saturday.

1 Like

The group did have an event out there last Saturday. At the moment no tees are left but if there is demand I could always get a second order going to give out at an upcoming outing.

2 Likes

Walked off 18 this morning and realized I just played 45 Holes and had a lesson all within 24 hours.

5 Likes

Sounds good. Would definitely be interested in the next batch, or really any upcoming chicago merch. I tee’d off around 2pm last Saturday. You all must’ve been the group of about 20-30 wrapping up on the practice green

8 Likes

That really depends on how much you’re willing to pay.

5 Likes

https://gfycat.com/ajarnervouschafer

4 Likes

Made the same move 3 years ago, welcome to the club!

@andrewf @JAD late scratch this morning guys. Sick Kid. Sorry to miss it, hit it straight!

1 Like

Thoroughly enjoyed my trip up to Sunset Valley with @Gibbler. Really fun course and it was in very good shape. The real treat was watching @Gibbler shoot the most casual front nine 35(-1) I’ve ever seen, especially with the luxury of witnessing it when he was my partner. All in all, fun day that saw our group make 7 total birdies and a heck of lot more bogies.

Also, to whoever mentioned the fact that the greens have no collar, I’ve gotta say I’m wayyyy out on that choice. All four of us had at least a shot or two if not more against the rough - especially considering how quick they keep the greens this seems inevitable. It punishes pretty good shots that just trickle off more than truly bad shots that land yards into the rough. That’s my only criticism of the course though!

3 Likes

Thanks @BabblingBrooksKoepka, it was really fun to get out there yesterday, except for the fact that somehow it was like 15 degrees cooler than it was when I left Lemont…seriously it’s June, the sweaters are supposed to be put away for the year! But yeh you picked up the team on the back 9 as that front 9 magic disappeared a bit.

I agree, the fact they had no collars on the green was super annoying. Balls would constantly roll out to the edges of the green and nestle right up against 3 inch long rough. Otherwise Sunset Valley was a pretty fun course. Look forward to getting out there again soon!

1 Like

hey guys- been lurking here the past week or two, wanted to drop a post to say hey. Been in Chicago for a few years now, but looking for a new group of guys to play with. Over the past few years I’ve been a regular at MP and Rav, so hoping I’ll fit in here too.

Look forward to playing with some of you soon. In the meantime, I’m assuming I should join the Nest?

7 Likes

Im new to this group as well. Played with a friend of a friend(brad riva) last year at mp who said i should check this group out. Long story short new job, more free time, have a car, live in the city, and love golf. if theres anything i should read/look up into being active on here please point me in the right direction. thx

7 Likes

@tt92 & @bartoss.

Going to need you to answer a few questions.

1. Favorite pizza place
  2. Coke or Pepsi
6 Likes

@tt92 @bartoss

Welcome. Your thoughts on 17 at MP?

6 Likes
  • Great Hole
  • Greatest Hole
0 voters

:crossed_fingers: pequods is an acceptable answer

5 Likes

def coke and fairly stubborn about it… im from the east coast so not a fan of deep dish but pizza serio is current favorite thin crust… for deep dish it used to be peqouds but they changed recipes in recent times so i stay away from all deep dish.
17 at MP is great… even though i missed left of green, short sided on the pin and definitely walked away with a double.

also im limited in the response time for 10 minutes. is that the usual?

3 Likes

The Nest membership is $90 and removes all the limitations, and allows access to the full message board. There’s some helpful topics on the main page that will help explain everything.

4 Likes

@EConroy419 do i get a referral bonus?

Sup Bart, Welcome to the Refuge. If you are interested in Matchplay, we have a season long tournment that will restart in 2023 but I think the other events are in the Google Sheet at the top of this thread (Chiagoland Roost Google Sheet)

2 Likes