Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

He was a good cat. RIP, Bonzo.

1 Like

Oh no! I kid, having had a cat at times growing up, but now married in to allergies so I’ll never have another.

1 Like

Can’t believe you murdered Bonzo.

6 Likes

You can’t prove that.

2 Likes

13 Likes

just blame it on the dogs.

1 Like

Does anyone have any recommendations for (very) beginner lessons? We’re talking grip, stance, make contact type stuff. My girlfriend has asked for some to get her started. Am leaning 5iron, as they provide clubs and are walking distance from our place, but interested if anyone has experience.

1 Like

I took a few lessons at 312 golf that I enjoyed. I did have a quick convo with one of the teachers at 5iron and had a good experience. I would say its a plus they have a ton of different clubs to choose from.

1 Like

Just noticed the name of Golf center’s pro shop, never knew Keiser was involved out here

6 Likes

I know we are a long way away, but just throwing it out there. I just bought concert tickets for April 9th in the city, would love to make a day of it, weather-permitting, and get a round in with some of my sworn enemies from Second City GC.

4 Likes

Who are you seeing? I might judge you based on your music taste.

4 Likes

Seeing Slowthai on the 9th, and then John Mayer on the 28th as well, but there will be no golf that day.

2 Likes

I’d be around but would have to be an early one as I do have plans to get home, binge drink, bbq, and watch the Masters in the afternoon. A tradition unlike any other, of course.

6 Likes

I’m not sure what the perfect day is but what you just described sounds pretty close.

2 Likes

Levelwear merch update -

Gave the vertical 2CGC logo to NLU brass for the first round of Levelwear merch. It sounds like their plan is to have 3ish drops a year with different merch styles, colors, and logos. Be on the lookout for that around the end of the month.

14 Likes

Slowthai and John Mayer, what a contrast

6 Likes

Half baked idea here due to the snow day - how about a purely social event for the month of September? No Roost or NIT stakes. A scramble at a “beater” course like Highland Woods, White Pines West, etc etc. Teams will be made up of guys from different handicap groupings to keep things equal and so we all get a chance to play with new people. Bring your Bluetooth speaker and favorite domestic beer and let’s not take golf seriously for one round.

Have three buddies that play golf and you wanna introduce to the Refuge? Let me know in the doc and you’ll all play together.

Saturday 9/24/22.

10 Likes

This is how I want to play every round of golf

7 Likes

A few cold domestics at the Bourne sounds like a great time.

4 Likes

If not this event we will have to have a group out there. Such an interesting course

4 Likes