Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

Sounds like I’m your huckleberry.

The 2nd Annual Burban Memorial NLU Golf Classic (Salem Lakes, WI): 2022, April 16 - Wisconsin/Illino

Join us next April.

8 Likes

Same. And same.

1 Like

I’m in full concern mode now that I just had #2 after seeing this shit from all of you

3 Likes

Hey now…

8 Likes

I do have 2 golf trips plus Maxamania and Mudness planned, but it might be the only golf I play.

1 Like

Is Merch gonna be available for us Ex Pat chicagoans?

2 Likes

You can always hope….

2 Likes

I played a little more probably in the aftermath of kid 2 than I did after kid 1, though his physical issues contributed to that. When #1 was born (February birth) I suspended my membership for a year, played once in Illinois, and had one weekend trip to Oakland Hills (South), U of Michigan, Stoatin Brae, and 3 rounds at Egypt Valley, and that was it for the year.

I usually play super early but average about 35 rounds/year. About 10 of those are golf trips. Try to do 1-1.5 per week the rest of the time. Had third last Jan. It can be done!

2 Likes

Was gonna say, I think you play more than me and I don’t even have a kid yet, impressive home negotiations.

1 Like

Lots of solo rounds

Lots of guilt

Not enough birdies

7 Likes

As a newly married man… my wife had set some ground rules with the golden rule being that if she is still asleep and I’m playing golf she doesn’t count that against me so I tend to play at sunrise…. April 14th can’t come soon enough so I can great our friendly coyote starter at waveland

8 Likes

This is what I soooooo want to do….Unfortunately I’ll have to wait until my kids are in college to do that

1 Like

this is where having a shortened season plays in our favor - fill up your wife’s tank in the winter and then slowly leech off all that goodwill starting in the spring

10 Likes

I am nearing a the period that will be dominated my driving to weekend activities constantly for like 12 years.

3 Likes

Some of us don’t have that kind of stamina

10 Likes

You all should have married a golfer. That is dating 101.

10 Likes

I filtered for it when I was reviewing online dating profiles. My wife mentioned something about playing golf in her profile. It was, shall we say, not entirely accurate. She also said she didn’t own cats, because she only owned one cat.

13 Likes

Your wife is brilliant. That’s brilliant.

5 Likes

I hope that cat landed with a good re-home.

2 Likes