Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

POV: @Pinehurts heading to the kitchen to grab a snack.

14 Likes

Dear. Lord.

Suddenly it’s an “Ebay shopping” day over here lol

Let’s be real. My Clic Gear has a gear bag and already pre loaded with snacks.

3 Likes

Ooh I am SO here for a WITB Snack Edition

3 Likes

We almost bought the house about three or four doors down from there. Weird back yard would have just barely bordered the course right around the 4th tee. I was all in, but it was a weird layout with the master bedroom on a totally different side of the house than the other bedrooms, so not great for kids.

4 Likes

Sounds great for kids honestly.

7 Likes

Great for kids when they’re like between ages 6 and 18 or so. Not great when one of your kids needs some sleep apnea support that will alarm and that you have to rejigger if it gets out of his nose like three times per night.

2 Likes

I’m not a doctor, just play one on tv, but this all seems legit to me. Also, it’s a shame you didn’t buy the house, I could have gotten a few of my golf balls back before Ethan offered me the chance to buy them back.

4 Likes

I may have hit that house.

3 Likes

@hoiball I think another Refugee almost bought your old house?

3 Likes

Purple line going to the top was the property line, so I think it touched the course at a point.

4 Likes

that house is still in the line of fire, but don’t think I bladed any wedges that far. Definitely was nervous about the big sliding glass door on 1560 when in the right greenside bunker. have dumped a couple in that backyard.

It’s a nasal cannula, like you see on old people with oxygen, except stuck to his face with some stickers. When one of the prongs gets stuck on the outside of his nose, it starts beeping. Really awesome when you want to wake up four or five times in the middle of the night.

3 Likes

I think this may confirm it with an aggressive play from the up tees.

That’s where I grew up! You weren’t alone in thinking the house’s spacing wasn’t ideal for younger kids, but I guess I turned out almost ok. Wish I knew a refugee was trying to buy my parents house, would’ve told you to ask them for the Nest discount just so I could hear their confused reaction .

It sold a while back, but if it was still on the market I’d try to sell you on the ability to play four as a short par 4 from the back patio. (It can get dicey off the tee.) Down side is the limited number of free golf balls in your backyard, as you only get a few that are bladed out of 3’s bunker each year.

7 Likes

Hit that house practicing late night in high school. Walk of shame home through their backyard was #notgood

3 Likes

I really liked it, but had trouble figuring out where we’d spend our time. The den area just off the master seemed a little quirky, but I think we could have made it work. Man, small world.

2 Likes

Short answer - you play some variation of 4,5,6,7,17,3 in a loop each night until it gets too dark.

Crazy small world!

3 Likes

When were you living there? My coworker also grew up 3 houses away

1 Like

My parents were there from 2002-ish through 2021. Don’t want to turn this into The Gang/Hoiball doxes himself thread, so will dm

1 Like