Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

Yeah for sure more people in the burbs. And way more golf there for sure. I still just think the loop logo would look cool and do think it’s pretty uniquely and iconically “Chicago” even on a global scale, which I think is cool. But maybe it doesn’t matter.

Just my opinion obviously!

On the transit theme here’s the expressway map. I can see a full 18 hole routing…

4 Likes

Would love to see a crumbling overpass logo option.

BTW - Just got my Pow. Cant wait to use it.

7 Likes

I get it, but f you go out of town and meet new people, where do you tell them you’re from? Opinions can vary, of course, and as someone who considers myself a native Angeleno, despite having never lived within the Los Angeles corporate boundary, I think most people, on some level, consider themselves Chicagoans, even if they grew up in the burbs. People from Orange County hate this argument, but when you turn on channel four at 5:00 pm on weekdays, you don’t get Anaheim local news. When you do that here, you don’t get a broadcast from the Naperville media market, because it doesn’t exist. We’re all in the Chicago MSA, and I think the Loop is a pretty good symbol for that (maybe even better than the flag). Full disclosure, I live outside of the City now, but just moved out after 20 years or so.

5 Likes

Geez, what a mess. I feel like the people who designed the freeway system here had a lot of money in trains, and the people who designed the public transportation system in LA had a lot of money in cars/freeways. The latter is at least kind of true.

1 Like

I have never lived within 25 minutes of the loop and I am guilty of doing this whenever I’m talking to people when I’m out of the state

2 Likes

If anyone wants to create a logo…by all means go for it.

At the moment we’re gonna wait and see what @TCRBrad’s literal professionals at graphic design give us and then vote on those.

4 Likes

La Canada checking in.

1 Like

30 of the 67 who signed up for the Roost count themselves as City dwellers. So yes there are several more Suburbanites, but it’s pretty close.

You’re also right that the city certainly doesn’t have as much golf as the burbs, but we are very proud of the golf we do have. There was a refuge meetup for golf in the city just 10 days ago. We got to see the matchplay tournament conclude there. It was a lot of fun!

Oh man, another Rio Hondo leaguer.

Right in-between Milwaukee and Chicago.

2 Likes

I’m just happy to know we could split into two separate Burbs and City Roosts and both could still take St. Louis’ lunch money with their measly numbers.

10 Likes

St. Who-is?

/badjoke

6 Likes

Never heard of em! Was he a contemporary of St. Rappeo?

3 Likes

Illinois really does end at 80 huh (angers the central IL team).

As a suburb raised/city resident I get the Loop being more city focused, but as with any metro, you highlight something central, unless we throw up an image of a beef or dog.

I also used my Pow last night and my wife ate it, neither of us have gone blind.

4 Likes

Near Chicago.

But like I’ve said before I’m not that bothered by what my internet friends decide to call our fake golf team, so I’m equally invested in the logo that gets used.
At worst I don’t buy a couple pieces of merch with logo I don’t like.

2 Likes

Oh you’ll buy them whether you like it or not

6 Likes

I gotta save my pennies for my robo-caddy.

5 Likes

Such a flex, intimation factor is at 99 when you’re rolling.

1 Like

here’s an extremely hastily-done lunch break pencil-and-photoshop version of this. i’d like to clean up the actual letter shapes but i only get an hour for lunch

14 Likes

I think I’ve seen this position in the Kama Sutra

14 Likes