Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

Looking for a fourth to join me and two buddies at Lost Marsh at 8:24am Saturday. I’ve got the full foursome so just let me know if you’d like to join us.

Lost Marsh might be too good…

3 Likes

Fully aware of what I’m getting myself into :rofl:

Between myself, @TheAbeFroman, @PinkPantser and @TCRBrad we were down like a dozen balls through the first 3 holes as a group this summer.

Just as Mackenzie intended.

9 Likes

I can relate to that but it was only me losing 12 golfballs on the front 9 at The Arboretum Club

3 Likes

The houses OB left on every hole on the front 9 is a really nice touch.

2 Likes

BBK I think I’m in… let me circle back and triangulate.

Will need to have the Iowa game on starting at 11, is that a bother?

1 Like

The one Monday I have to work…

1 Like

Has anybody played Cog Hill 1 or 3?

I enjoy playing 36 a day on my days off, and its getting a bit tougher to play two separate courses and still have time to eat/take a break/play leisurely with daylight getting less and less, so having two courses in the same spot will help.

Are they worth it? I think it would be 40 to walk, and i hope i could get a replay for 20.

Any feedback anybody?

They’re dog tracks. However, they are dog tracks that are still playable in late October.

3 Likes

It’s been a few years, but I played 1 after punching in the fall, and it was the most impactful punching I’ve experienced, it was like they were getting ready to plant corn. So I’d check on that. Very walkable though!

2 Likes

Anyone looking to add a single Sunday morning?

Anyone got room for 1 more tomorrow

Interested to hear if anyone has takes on Chevy Chase in Wheeling. Had never played came in with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised.

1 Like

Random golf-adjacent question-

Does anyone know if you can have a fire pit like a solo stove when tailgating at canal shores?

It says: “ * Open fires are prohibited.”

I’d define this as a contained fire.

Feel like this is something @TCRBrad should know

2 Likes

DELIGHTFUL Bendelow. Not too challenging, but super fun layout.

Correct. Grill, stove, you’re good if it’s in a container or grill.

Season holder says must be elevated.

how elevated? i want to borrow my neighbor’s this:

1 Like

Does he have the stand? I love mine but it’s flush with the ground without the stand.