Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

Half day Friday after staying late for parent conferences the night before.

As my 2021 golf season draws to a close I wanna give a big shout out to everyone’s tax dollars for making it all possible.

7 Likes

(Rolls out the TV tray to the front of class, tosses in a VHS, heads to MP)

18 Likes

My teaching advisor did this, except she (we) took the entire Friday off. Needless to say I was laughed at by my team members when I asked if it were allowed when I began on my own the next year!

1 Like

Schaumburg definitely beats Mount Prospect in regards to tee box and fairways. Mount Prospect has better green complexes.

Both great munis.

Schaumburg needs way more signage. It’s confusing as fuck walking out there. I’ve also never been at a course with more abandoned balls in the rough. Pinnacle Rush and e6 smorgasbord out there today.

8 Likes

Also, pins were Sunday today. Most a couple paces off edges. Really tough.

@Pinehurts is this when we tell him we’re playing Monday too?

4 Likes

Looks like this might be our possible playing conditions

3 Likes

Played Big Run last month. Tough scene, greens were lousy and the fairways not much better. I usually have a hard time scoring out there, design is borderline stupid.

But on the bright side, I came within a dicklength of making an ace on 13.

2 Likes

Well…erm…I mean…how long is…um…nevermind

8 Likes

Is… uh… bigger better?

2 Likes

Frost delay szn :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

7 Likes

2 Likes

Anyone playing tomorrow?

Played Schaumburg this morning. I was looking back down Baer 11 fairway from the green and felt/heard this “swoosh” over my head. A hawk flew directly over me and glided about 4 feet above the ground all the way down the fairway directly at the group behind us. At the last moment this guy stepped out of the way and the hawk tried to snag a squirrel that was sitting under a tree nearby. Easily 300+ yards.

We teed off 12 as they made it up to the green. The guy said the hawk had zero intention of changing course, was 100% locked on the squirrel. He said it would’ve hit him square in the chest if he hadn’t moved.

We saw it a couple more times the rest of the round, swooping across fairways and just generally being a menace. It was badass.

8 Likes

Was not aware Steeple Chase was respected

2 Likes

Nothing but respect for Steeple Chase here. Underrated track for sure

4 Likes

I got my hole in one on #7 there. I’ll always like that place forever now, but it’s a cool track for sure.

2 Likes

Looks like The Reveler does F1 watch parties, any interest in watching the Mexico GP on 11/7?

Depending on weather, maybe golf in the AM and be done in time for the 1pm race.

1 Like

BUMP for the 13th.

Come on out! Help Canal Shores by hitting golf shots over the Metra Train Bridge and Under the “L” Tracks:

5 Likes

I’m looking to get out next Monday for a birthday round; anyone interested in playing The Glen or another C-suite course?