Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

Played Village Links this morning. No carts allowed so plenty of room out there as people dropped their tee times. Question: have you ever played with a random who was hitting from the wrong tees? Got paired up with a nice guy who said he hadn’t been playing very long but proceeded to launch ‘‘em from the tips. Very obviously the wrong tees for him. Felt I should have suggested the whites but it’s an individual game and his play didn’t impact mine so I said nothing. He likely would have scored better from the blues or white. I was out driving him by a larger margin than the distance between the tees. Thoughts?

2 Likes

No idea but guessing turf safety. Toss on some bricks. I have a propane tank burner topper if you want.

May head to IA game but sitting thru Sat was rough.

Which Saturday?

7 Likes

As cold as his stare.

2 Likes

Solo stoves are engineered to not damage turf or even wood under them. It’s why they rule in the city. Love mine.

1 Like

I have learned to never* offer unsolicited advice on the course. It makes sense, since most of the time someone tells me something I get annoyed bc I’ve got certain swing thoughts from my last lesson or whatever and the advice usually has to do with the opposite of that swing thought.

*I’m an idiot and still say shit to people

Not to bring back the Schaumburg/MP discussion but… Schaumburg was in surprisingly good shape yesterday after all the rain. Greens were firm by mid-day and minimal (1-3 holes) standing water in the fairways.

5 Likes

A touch early, but does anyone else get Veterans Day off (or taking the Friday for a 4 day weekend) who maybe wants to get out for a walk?

Pins were adding insult to injury at The Glen Club today.

7 Likes

Friends, I have to shoutout our guy Claude Gendreau on his fine arboretum in Homewood. We’re inside that one week window where a) the leaves have turned and it looks gorgeous but b) they haven’t littered the entire course yet, so you can still harbor some hope of finding your golf ball, c) it’s $30 to walk, and d) the cold and the football keeps the tee sheet open

9 Likes

One spot left online for the 10:10am at Prairie Landing this Saturday with @Pinehurts, @Setwilli, and myself. Feel free to grab it before some non-Refuge random gets it!

2 Likes

Enjoy Prairie Landing and never got out this year, someone snag this. Would like to change 11, 13 and remove the trees, give me your feedback.

Got out for a walk around Jackson Park this afternoon, and saw a Bald Eagle flying across the soccer field right of one. Anyone else ever see a live eagle within the city?

3 Likes

Does this eagle count ?

15 Likes

Only if you’ve seen him in person

1 Like

Ohhh sh*t … Be legal with Eagle!

2 Likes

Sign Up for August 12-13, 2022 Return to the Birthplace of Strapped Event; we would love to see some Chicagoans participate!

3 Likes

Something something Iowa joke

3 Likes

Hey everyone, Northside lurker finally turned poster (of course at the end of the season). Been trying to get back in the golf game this year after a few years away. Anyone trying to sneak in a round or 2 before the snow arrives?

6 Likes
3 Likes