Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

Damn, that’s a bummer

Haven’t been there yet. But I live right near Spring Valley and have played Lawsonia so I really want to.

@David_is_Goliath ya conditioning. Each of the 3 times I’ve played there over a year and a half it’s gotten progressively worse. Seeing large rocks in the greenside bunker on hole 4 hurt my image of the whole place. It wasn’t a peripheral bunker too it was an important one front right of the green. (Mowed) Weeds everywhere, bunkers have a huge variety in maintenance, burnt out fairway and greens, poorly maintained greens in terms of spike and balls marks. Prices were raised this year too.

1 Like

Welcome to join us 10/16

5 Likes

3 Likes

@McDuffin has made me realize a special hatred for Dunne. Grew up a few miles away and played all the time, course is just so damn difficult. That and if you go off after 8:30 it’s a five hour (weekend) round.

4 Likes

Chevy Chase right there in Wheeling is an enjoyable track.

1 Like

I’d also recommend Heritage Oaks. I recently played there with a guy who lives in Wheeling. He said he plays Deerfield a lot.

2 Likes

I’m also #DonewithDunne

3 Likes

Shameless charitable plug here.

Early bird tickets available for the first tee of Chicago fundraiser on 11/11. I’m on the ambassador council with @jbrey and probably more of you sickos.

You can buy tickets here:
https://www.eleoonline.net/Pages/WebForms/Mobile/ShowFormMobile.aspx?id=acfc0e32-11e9-4fda-8b82-16e5e016d14e&linkto=187

Would be fun to get some refuge folks to the event. DM me if you buy a ticket we can coordinate.

If will be cool to hear if Alex smith’s remarkable comeback story about perseverance and resilience compares to mine of starting double/double in a 9 hole breakfast ball match.

More info here:

5 Likes

With Monday looking like it may be the last day in the 80s 7+ months, anyone want to use a day and get out?

Playing heritage oaks at 7 am sunday, right before ryder cup singles. I got the tee time as a single, if anybody is looking to play, i think the three other tee times are still open.

1 Like

Anyone wanna go shred the gnar?? (I’ve never even surfed)

4 Likes

Gonna play Lawsonia Monday afternoon, weather is looking perfect. Currently just have a single time booked, but would be sweet to be joined by some refugees

1 Like

Oh shit! I have been wanting to get back up. Lemme check with the better half.

2 Likes

Folks we are gonna do 1pm at Lawsonia (links) any one else sick enough to join us?

5 Likes

Need a sub for tomorrow’s breakfast ball at Sydney. Anyone interested in some pre-work golf and a front row ticket to the Elite 8?

2 Likes

Any openings Saturday late morning/early afternoon?

You lookin for a good time?

Baby you know it

Heading to the Ryder Cup this weekend. Any suggestions on how early I need to be at the gates in order to be able to get a spot on the first tee on Saturday? Was thinking around 5AM but curious if I will need to arrive earlier.

3 Likes