Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

Oh - let me check with the better half but yes.

1 Like

I booked 2, the other 2 are open. Since RB doesn’t let you do a single (it ALWAYS errors out).

I got the go ahead. See ya then. I’ll venmo ya on the tee box.

1 Like

Prairie Landing this morning. Weather was awesome (slight drizzle on the 18th hole) and course was in amazing condition for the most part; traps were so-so. Pace of play was decent other than the the 3-some (we were 4) slowing us up here and there, but we still played in just over 4 hours so tough to complain. Highlight of the day was my buddy going 36-37 to shoot +1 and get his career low. He lipped out a birdie on 18 to go +1. My 82 didn’t feel as good after witnessing that…

One of my favorite courses in the area (I’m in Glen Ellyn), and will definitely be back soon.

4 Likes

Played Ruffled Feathers on your bday last year. Was just finishing when the blizzard started.

1 Like

What’s up Chicago. I’ll be in town for work in a couple weekends. I’ll have Saturday and Sunday to play. Any recommendations?

Ravi was in awful shape today. Each round I play there it looks worse. Sad!

We can sherpa. Need lodging location, car/transit/lyft. Strapped, Csuite or between.

Staying downtown. I’ll have a rental car. In between on strapped an c suite.

1 Like

Do you have a general price point you wanna stay between? This COVID era golf boom has made some Strapped courses bump their prices into C-Suite territory. Case and point, why is Highland Woods $60 on a weekend now with a cart?? It was $40 tops pre-apocalypse.

1 Like

Anywhere $50-100 is good with me. Fine paying a little more if it’s worth it.

Mount Prospect, Sunset Valley, Highlands of Elgin, Shepherds Crook, Schaumburg, Sydney Marovitz (slowww play but cool experience), Cog Hill no 2

4 Likes

The Breakfast Ball Boys play Syd in under 90 minutes, just gotta be first off in the morning.

5 Likes

@GeneralQuinn - follow this list.

1 Like

Yes. Not much more can/should be added.

Much appreciated if anyone wants to meet up let me know.

1 Like

If you decide on Mount Prospect let me know and I’ll play with you if I can. I’m this thread’s MP stan.

4 Likes

Leaning towards Mount Prospect, Sunset Valley, Schaumburg. Doesn’t look like you can book tee times til a week out so get them secured next weekend.

1 Like

Those are probably the most similar courses on that list. I’d drop either sunset or Schaumburg and try to add Shepherds (long drive but worth it) or Cog Hill. I think Schaumburg is better than sunset but marginal

1 Like

+1 for Shepard’s Crook. Today was all-time. A little windy. I can’t wait for the Oct event.

I’m a big fan of Schaumburg, too. I would play either MP or Schaumburg though, unless you just can’t get enough of lightning quick greens. Also depends on the 18 combo on the day at Schaumburg. If you can get a Tournament & Players day, I’d consider it. The Baer 9 is okay.

I’ll add a personal fave of Glenview Park, but you’ve got a solid list there.

5 Likes