Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

I agree with everything you wrote here. You’ve nailed the best 18 at Schaumburg so now you’ve got me curious about Glenview Park. Never been. It was on my radar for awhile but started looking at other courses to try first instead like Blackstone, The Preserve, and Heritage Oaks. Trying to knock a few of these off my list before the end of the year.

Glenview Park is legit. I think SV is the best of what’s been mentioned. Mt. P can be lovely, but it can also be in rough shape. The greens recently were quite rough IMO. I also think Preserve deserves to be on the short list of “value” courses in the area.

3 Likes

I need to get back to the Preserve. The only time I’ve been there I quit keeping score on 5 and basically gave up on the back 9. I was in a bad place. But I remember thinking it was a cool course.

1 Like

The Preserve has some really good holes and a bunch of utter trash holes. I say the trash outweighs the good,

1 Like

Isn’t Players the 9 with the goofy routing where you walk across the parking lot to play one par 4? I feel like I liked Baer more than that one for that reason.

That is the one weird part of that 9. A long walk for a lame hole. Otherwise I think the variety on Players is decent. The hole right after that one going down the hill is one of my favorites out there.

I’d rank them Tourney, Players, Baer.

1 Like

yeah aside from that hole it’s a pretty strong group of holes on that nine. I definitely liked Tourney the best.

Which was was the wind blowing on 14?

Saturday we got it full in the face all the way down the fairway. Yesterday it was more across, so the “aroma” wasn’t too bad until we got up to the green. 9 felt like a 4-shot hole, it was gusting so hard.

Does anybody have a set of women’s clubs I could borrow for this weekend?

yessir. not too fancy, but shoot me a text.

OK let’s golf in December. Think of it as the ugly sweater party for us sickos.

WIll kick the tires on ideas with the breakfast ball crew, but you can join the conversation here:

4 Likes

Don’t forget golf in November too!

Looking at y’all @JBors @VenkmansLament @treeputttim @Dashfast @TrajMahal @ChiFFI @baldvinny @PinkPantser et all

6 Likes

Played CS yesterday afternoon. Conditions were rough.

5 Likes

The late fall swing

3 Likes

All the public courses around the city are in pretty rough shape no? End of the season, more play than years past, not a lot of rain and then too much when it does come, etc. Played harborside on Friday and there’s a few fairways they just let go where shorter players would hit it.

Seems some of the private courses are struggling with conditioning this time of year, too.

2 Likes

My schedule sucks and really want this one.

I played Robert Black about a week ago, was in decent shape. I’m not complaining, has to be a challenge to maintain, especially CS. Just reporting what I saw. $16 for a great afternoon walk and some questionable golf (by me).

1 Like

Ya I hear ya, was interested to hear if other courses are struggling or if CS is just having a particularly rough go of it

it was playing REALLY firm and fast at last year’s war at the shores.

4 Likes