Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

If you need 27 or 36 to justify the trip - I’d encourage you to check out Blackthorn in nearby South Bend (home of a Symetra Tour event previously w/ some quirky-good and quirky-bad holes), or head onto the actual ND campus and enjoy the walk at the 9-holer (pretty good confident boost, something like $12, great campus vibes).

2 Likes

Completely agree. It’s a worthy day trip for sure if you’ve never played. I’ve done it with buddies a few times.

Hey all – I’ll be taking a multi-week road trip this fall throughout the US w/ 1-2 week stops in Chicago, Denver, Austin, and more.

I’ll be in Chicago from 09/09 - 09/18. I wanted to drop a line here to see if anyone’s interested in playing a round or two. Would love to check out Cog Hill, take a trip to Warren, maybe Ravisloe, but open to any other suggestions anyone local may have. Would prefer to play during the week when possible.

Originally from NY, member of the RACDG metro chapter, and just about average with my game. Hope we can connect!

6 Likes

If you like sunrises you can join us for breakfast ball one of those Thursdays at Sydney Marovitz!

2 Likes

Would love to! I’ll reach out closer to when we get there to coordinate.

Looking to play 9 after work tomorrow (5ish). Western suburbs - Downers, Lisle, Naperville, Lemont, etc. I have not booked for a tee time yet - anybody interested?

1 Like

@eben do this. It’s a rite of passage.

If anyone else would like to join us, we’re playing a sunset 9 at DG, 640 tee time. $17.

I wish I didn’t have family in town. It’s like a 10 minute walk from my house. I think I can drive there in under 90 seconds.

Just run some “errands”. Hopefully at this time pace is < 2 hrs.

4 Likes

anyone looking to play tomorrow afternoon or sunday?

1 Like

I’d be interested. Was looking at Mt Prospect, Ravisloe, or Sunset Valley. Open to other options though

1 Like

I’m up for whatever and wherever tomorrow. Let me know.

I’d be in to play tomorrow afternoon if something is happening.

1 Like

Team-

What’s the pace of play been at Ravisloe on weekends? Scooped up a 10 am Sunday and need to be in lake bluff for work by 3:30….

1 Like

(mostly wanted an excuse to post this video, although I do think you’ll be cutting it close)

1 Like

Anyone play White Pines West? I have a match there next weekend and looking for any feedback good or bad.

Cheers

1 Like

I would say you have an exactly zero percent chance of making that work

3 Likes

Playing the east course this coming Friday. I’d be interested in hearing the groups feed back on either course.