Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

joining

1 Like

Nice! I’m looking at next weekend but already have four. We are playing a college buddies grudge match and were looking for a course none of the four of us had been to yet to keep the playing field even, which gets difficult for four golfing degenerates. You will be with me in Sherpa Spirit - will report back!

1 Like

If anyone is looking for a early Saturday AM round, there’s one spot open at Glenview Park 750AM, $55. Playing with me, my dad, and a third.

Edit: Sold

If anyone is looking for a Saturday afternoon round I have two spots open at The Highlands of Elgin at 12:20. Let me know if you would like to join

I played in an event at Glenview Park last week. It wasn’t on my radar at all and I had low expectations, but I was very impressed. Excellent conditions and a lot of fun holes. $55 is a great rate for that place.

3 Likes

For sure, they had a reno a few years back similar to MP.

2 Likes

Practice round for Sunday?

1 Like

Unsolicited business review: Over the weekend I got fitted for new irons at Pelican Golf (the pro shop at Arrowhead in Wheaton) and had an excellent experience with Nathan.

The $100 fitting fee was applied to cost of the clubs, and because I bought Mizuno’s, there was no charge for upgraded shafts or grips: $1250 OTD for 4-PW MP-20 MMC’s with KBS Tours and GP MCC+4’s. From what I’ve heard, Club Champion will charge you for the upgraded components regardless of brand.

Looking forward to having my new clubs in time for any 2030 Refuge events.

10 Likes

CDGA has an August special there: $90 for two players, afternoons only. I thought I saw one earlier that was $100 for a twosome, with a meal, but maybe that’s a different course?

Haha ya. I didn’t think I was going to be able to make it Sunday so I wanted to get out there. Now it looks like it will be a highlands weekend and I’m okay with that.

1 Like

Paging @TCRBrad

Has Wilson ever thought of doing something like this? I saw it on Reddit. I might assume that there are some sort of copyright issues.

7 Likes

I played at Chevy last fall, really enjoyed it, i think they removed a ton of trees and reworked the greens, they seemed new. Try Willow Hill in Northbrook, 9 holes, some wild greens, wide open, views of the city, it also has a grass range.

1 Like

Yeah I think they did something for an anniversary of the movie, but there were a TON of copyright laws to work through.

Same with why Wilson hasn’t done a Ty Webb golf bag:

6 Likes

Played there early April, which feels like ages ago, but perhaps is recent? Anyways, I thought it was a real nice time. Would recommend and will likely play again.

1 Like

I hear it will be 18 holes in the next few years…

Thanks for the invite but will have to pass. Nursing a wobbly left hip at the moment and don’t want to wreck your round if something goes bad. Play well and stay left on 18!

Solid second tier course in the area. Not gonna win any awards but a fun once a year type round.

1 Like

I played it earlier in the season and have plenty of times in the past. I always enjoy it, very walkable.

1 Like

Haven’t played there since high school golf. One of my teammates tied the course record during a tournament hosted by Wheeling HS (65 or 64 I can’t remember). Even more bizarre, one of the guys I played with that day had a hole in one on 9! Hope you have the same experience out there, some weird stuff can happen at CCGC.

Btw I played alright that day, my teammate only beat me by 14 or 15 shots.

3 Likes

Nice! I’ve been wondering about that place as I live very close now since escaping the city with the family. Had heard mixed things but this sounds like I may have to jump on over and check it out.