Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

Hey guys, in town for the weekend with clubs and have no plans tomorrow. Staying downtown tonight and in Northfield the rest of the weekend and am up for joining a group if someone has a spot open.

If you’re free today (and anyone else for that matter) there are 2 spots open at Ravines at 4:15 with myself and @Renlibrarian

1 Like

I’m not free today unfortunately. Enjoy.

I’m free for a game. I don’t have anything booked yet, but looking for someone to join up with.

Anyone in the western burbs know what happened to Valley Green & Deer Valley(Both Near Aurora)? Tried to play both yesterday and both are completely shut down.

https://kaneforest.com/location/deer-valley

Looks like Kane County is helping #shrinkthegame

1 Like

Aww man not Valley Green! Love that place…maybe it was just closed for the day or something?

1 Like

More alike caution tape and no trespassing signs. Maybe 2022 reopening

@JBors getting DEEP in the process maybe?

1 Like

Sad state of affairs when I live in Aurora and have never even heard of either of those courses.

1 Like

I’ve been in Chicago 20 years, much of that time going all over the place to play as a single and check out new courses. Since I lived in the city, the direction didn’t really matter. Considered myself a bit of a golf junkie for the area. Just moved to Downers and I’m driving by places I’ve never heard of all the time. It’s crazy. Have also never heard of those two courses. I have so much and simultaneously almost no desire to learn.

5 Likes

Do you guys play OB often? I squeeze in 9 on the back there on Sundays before the sun comes up (and kids wake up)

Are we the same person??

1 Like

Anyone playing this week during the week? Or want to play?

1 Like

I just booked myself a spot in the 12:20pm at MP on Saturday, three spots still open for anyone that wants to get out. Early weather forecasts look great.

I snagged the last spot in that tee time so you’re guaranteed at least one refugee.

2 Likes

Me and my buddies lost a couple dozen balls between us at Arlington Lakes and a couple of us could be charged with terrorism for hitting balls into the Army Reserve grounds, but I birdied the final hole so 10/10 course would play again (in 3 years)

3 Likes

I was out there this afternoon with my son.

The front 9 of that course might as well be in Florida, it is very close to me so I waaant to like it but with water on 8 of the 9 holes it can be very penalizing, I normally stay away.

1 Like

Anyone played Chevy Chase recently? Did some cursory Refuge searching and results were mostly positive, but also seems like no one has been out there since 2019.

1 Like

Not recently, but if you would like a sherpa for a round there I’d LOVE to go play again.
Good 'ol fashioned Bendelow fun out there