Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

Got out at 9 this morning… windy as hell until about 16 but it felt damn good to get back out for the first time this season. I’m back baby! (but still suck)

3 Likes

Mt Prospect twilight round. 70 degrees with a light breeze. It’s in great shape and such a good value for how good these greens are!

Also was able to play 18 within 2:20 which is an all time low. Did not think I’d be getting a full round in today.

9 Likes

Village Links today. Tough go in the howling winds.

4 Likes

Cannot thank @PTM enough for organizing today’s event at Spring Valley. That Nassau format made every hole interesting and I’m proud to say my Langford Lancers brought home the W.

Would be great to have Rumspringa and Mudness be annual season opener events in this March/April timeframe.

12 Likes

Long live the Langford Lancers

8 Likes

Mudness is already booked for 2022!

9 Likes

What’s the date? Need to lock that in now.

1 Like

Sunday March 27! Edited the title of the mudness thread to reflect it.

Will be some enhancements for next year.

7 Likes

Post-Spring Valley doldrums? Sunday scaries? Who can say? Spent more time than I’d care to admit hunting for a vaccine appointment this evening. Started searching collar county zip codes. Appointments available in Kankakee. Kankakee? Kankakee!

So this may or may not happen*, but reservations have been made.

Friday, April 9th
8:50am tee time at the Elks
2pm vaccination appt at the ol Jewels-Osco

If anyone is up for playing hooky and possibly getting a little rained on, book away!

*I will be continuing to search for an appt closer to home. But if I have to take a couple days off and go play golf to get vaccinated, I’m willing to sacrifice for the greater good.

7 Likes

Downers Grove - Tuesday Night Men’s League

I have an opportunity to join the Butterfield Men’s league at Downers Grove 9 hole as a two man team. Tee times range from 330-5 and begins the 1st week in May and ends last week in August.

DM if interested.

I can’t do this and wish I could, but dropping in to rec. A couple buddies did this in the past and enjoyed.

1 Like

Man, I wish this was closer to me.

Fast-moving situation. Managed to get the jab today, alas the Elks will have to wait for another day. :syringe:

5 Likes

Anyone have interest in joining myself and @EConroy419 at Mt. Prospect this Saturday at 1140?

We have one open spot with a second potentially opening up as well.

I got in on the ILJGA Masters pool, but did I see someone float one for first tee of Chicago or something similar?

2 Likes

Yes first tee has one also!

4 Likes

It’s an interesting course. Easy to see from above it’s a composite of old and new 9’s. The old 9 is pretty short and gettable, while Greg Martin did a great job giving players more options on the new 9.

Played it 3 years ago, and the wayward driver cost me.

1 Like

still got room on saturday?

2 Likes

You’re in. Still have one spot open for anyone that wants to potentially brave the elements with us. I’m gonna call MP around 4pm to change the time from 4 to 3 if no one takes it.

1 Like

Wheaton raised, what is Streels doing to our rep…

3 Likes