Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

I will gladly sneak away from work a few times this summer to play.

2 Likes

I’ll gladly put those courses into the queue, but there are quite a few ahead of them now that I started on private courses. If anyone is interested in Chicago area course map posters you can find buy them here

1 Like

Huh, the course that won’t properly maintain tree lines also has not mowed and maintained the architect’s green plans.
(Thanks for digging in though)

2 Likes

Omg you did syd

2 Likes

Breakfast Ball Birdie Challenge - Birdie all of Marovitz, eagle the 5s. I’ve done this over life but not in a season.

Adding in Black for personal bonus, Eagle on 1 required.

1 Like

oh you betcha. it might be my favorite so far because of the lake, just makes for a nice composition

3 Likes

Is Village Links in the queue?

Any chance you could do a slightly modified version showing the perilous drive down LSD? Amateur rendition below:

6 Likes

i have lots of love for this golf course.

need @ChiFFI to come up with a hole-by-hole renovation plan. First thing i’d do is shrink the bunkers everywhere, but particularly on 4. 4 is a BEAST and the bunkers are just massive. making the standard syd golfer (index around 30 maybe?) play that hole is cruel.

then you’d want to remove some trees (obvi) and mow it lower everywhere so it’s easier to find balls.

2 Likes

It’s been in my Cart and I need to pull the trigger.

What software are you using for this? I would LOVE to do this for my home course because the fairways have been shrinking faster than the greens! Seems the retired mowing crew has focused more on the greens than fairways last few years.

I use a cad software to trace satellite imagery. If all you want to do is figure out the area of a green or width of a fairway you can do that in Google maps by just right clicking and using the measure tool, once you draw a closed shape it will give you an area.

1 Like

4 Likes

Putting or chipping in on number 9? Would love to join you for some rounds this year although I dont have teacher’s hours.

2 Likes

sure, wait until AFTER the holidays to bump this. Good news christmas shopping 2021 is just about done.

2 Likes

Putting on 9. I’ve nearly driven the green a few times with 3w depending on the tee setup.

And sounds good to me! Once the season gets rolling let’s figure out a time to play.

1 Like

The idea of eagling 9 (sounds very hard, have not done) is less intimidating to me than birdying 4. Good luck!

2 Likes

Thanks. Google Maps does the job, but man do I miss CAD from college

I avoided drawing the road and the pedestrian path to suppress memories of that gut wrenching, helpless feeling of watching the big right miss soar over the fence

appreciate that you appear to have drawn a pram cruising down the road

2 Likes

5 also needs a line over the willow tree with a sailboat.