Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

RIP to his chipping game though…he’s a dead man if he still can’t go full SHAFUA around the greens at MP

1 Like

1 green just kicks you right in the junk

3 Likes

It’s not a false front, it’s a fake news front.

5 Likes

And then it sends your golf ball off the front third of the green!

1 Like

My first time at MP I stood on 1 tee and thought, “nice, a wide fairway on a par 5 to start”

Whoops.

7 Likes

Right after the reno I was playing a high school match against Prospect and my drive on 1 sailed towards the range left, destined for OB. Landed on the path on the fly and placed me about 190 out, dead center of the fairway.

I made par.

1 Like

As a Prospect Knight, shouts to the girls team who won three state champs between 2011-14.

I went to barrington, prospect was the only team that beat us in all the matches I played on varsity, conference co-champs in 2016!

Our girls golf team was also more successful than the guys golf team while I was at barrington lol.

1 Like

What a feeling to 3 putt inside 15 feet and get the round kicked off right! Happened so many times to me

1 Like

I love that place. Went out there with Tron and Andy Johnson a few years ago. Would love to make it back at some point this year!

8 Likes

I can block a spot for you if you’d like. We’re right up against our cap at the moment.

Over the cap at the moment. Wait list has started. Knew I should have signed up yesterday. Wait list #2 checking in. Thanks for putting this together!!!

1 Like

@notorious83 You are in. My dad decided he’d rather be an alternate than actually have a spot.

1 Like

My dad wrangles carts at Schaumburg as his retirement gig. The reno has been great. Its super playable and fun now. Big fan since the 9’s have all been redone.

4 Likes

Where do you guys buy your gear? I’m looking to buy some last year model irons and don’t want to give someone my entire paycheck. Has anyone been to Ace Golf on Irving Park Rd.?

I have. It’s an interesting place. It feels like walking back in time.

1 Like

Driven past it dozens of times going to see our kids in Wrigleyville. Always looks like it is barely staying open. What goes on in there, do they have a hitting bay?

1 Like

Make sure to check out their New 2013 inventory.

http://www.aceprogolfshop.com/new_products.htm

2 Likes

It honestly feels sorta like a poorly stocked golf shop from 1995 that was cryogenically frozen. Has to be a front for an illegal business.

4 Likes

I might have to make a trip here.

1 Like