Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

Oh no

1 Like

See ya in 15.

1 Like

Ya that scene where the chick spreads her legs at the petite lake sandbar is what I would call a normal chain person. This guy is like a chain hipster. Which I just now found out existed.

1 Like

My favorite(?) thing about McHenry is how it has a way of making sure you know you’re in McHenry.

8 Likes

Staying on the theme of license plate covers… this guy was really putting it out there

6 Likes

Was not expecting a Subaru.

7 Likes

I had green 2004 Honda civic on my bingo card for that one

4 Likes

From my grint summary of 2020

get you a man that can do both. The only way this could get better would be if it went jackson park and then, like, shoreacres

8 Likes

Huh, expected Arcadia Bluffs or Crystal Downs.

1 Like

This is every other car in downstate IL.

3 Likes

I own a Subaru. This checks out

3 Likes

I went to Illinois State (Buck Fradley). This might be why I felt more at home in Pontiac, Lexington, El Paso and Fairbury than I did in BloNo.

…what the hell was there even to do in towns like Fairbury and Lexington? I know a bunch of people would take the bus up to Kappa for obvious reasons but never heard of anyone going anywhere else.

I worked for a radio group for 2 years and we’d have events at bars and stuff out there. Kemp’s Upper Tap in Lexington is legitimately one of my favorite bars in the world. (aside: RIP Maggie Miley’s)

And Fairbury has the most magical place on earth:
The Fairbury American Legion Speedway

It’s a majestic oval carved into the loam, serving as a shrine to hundreds of disciples to the gods of Speed, Horsepower and Octane. Where only the bravest thrash around in steel chariots at breakneck speed, spewing mire and exhaust on the devout.

Also, they let me drive our Hummer H3 work truck as the pace car for a lap and then brought me and my buddy free beers and food all night where we got so drunk we had to sleep at the radio station when the engineer dropped us off.

So yeah, pretty cool places out there.

3 Likes

Fuckin’ rest in peace, Maggie Miley’s.

3 Likes

I may be a Bradley guy, but my brother-in-law was a bartender at Maggie Miley’s. Awesome place.

1 Like

Is his name Dave, by chance?

Dave worked there when I was at ISU and of drinking age, 2015-17. Good dude. Gave me and my friends lots of free Jameson shots during the Cubs run.

1 Like

Nope, he was there around 2003-2008 I would guess.

1 Like

Dave made my first legal drink at Maggie’s in 2008.