Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

It’s also a LONG way from the city…tough to get all the way out there unless you’re local

We don’t take kind to city folk anyway.

2 Likes

Us river folk/chain of lakes people haha

1 Like

#chainlife

3 Likes

golf-dome roundup, let me hear what ya got.

I made the trek to the ‘Mistwood golf dome’ in boilingbrook last week. 35min from the loop w no traffic.

Solid indoor winter option. You get ~90 yards of ball flight to the back wall, so better for wedges but at least you can see longer irons’ initial trajectory. and there’s Top Tracer setups in every stall, which felt fairly accurate to me for total projected distance. Range balls were decent and not 5+years old.

will be returning! (until i hear of a better setup nearby!)

2 Likes

Addison Links and Tees my overall fav, Buffalo Grove second fav

Guise…today I drove onto the grounds of the ANGC.

Full story to follow. It’s nothing special…but hell it’s at least a story.

9 Likes

What balls do they have at Mistwood?

I like the domes in non covid times. Addison links and tees is my favorite.

Now I’m splitting a top golf platinum membership. Balls feel weighted down but full flight and now they have virtual courses so it’s not as much just hit to a target.

1 Like

Were you in there selling colored Wilson golf balls to the members or something?

4 Likes

Fred…err…Mr. Ridley wanted to spray a few of these around amen corner:

7 Likes

5 Likes

Well I just spent a delightful 14 minutes not working. Early 18 followed by a day on the chain sounds quite delightful. I’d even check out Vickie’s.

3 Likes

There’s a sequel.

1 Like

He pump a few left on 13?

I like this '21 Chicagoland Refuge meetup proposal, go on.

4 Likes

Have any of you played Bull Valley? I have heard it is amazing.

“He mentioned something about testing the reverse routing with a new line of Wilson golf balls.”

4 Likes

Scrolling through random Youtube shit and found these two gems…

2 Likes

It’s a hell of a fun time, but depending on what tees and conditions you get, it can be a pretty good test.

Recommend giving it a try, though.