Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

Anyone have any leads on local shops that do club re-gripping? Trying to avoiding hauling out to the PGA store in the burbs. Called Ace golf but due to everyone playing this year their lead time is about 2.5 weeks.
Thanks in advance!

Did the same thing last week. I guess it’s that time of year. The Dick’s in Niles was the closest place I could find with a reasonable timeframe (2 days).

1 Like

Looks like the 11:40 was scooped but there are twosomes available at 11:10 and 11:50. Still interested?

Always been a fan of Lake Bluff Golf Club. Best kind of muni course in terms of design and conditions, but the course management is suspect. Lots of wasted opportunity considering the bones of the course.

1 Like

Playing my match against @JAD 11:10 Saturday at Sunset Valley if anyone would like to join.

I was in a similar situation in June-Couldn’t find any other places that offered regripping. Per a friend’s recommendation and not wanting to wait, I regripped them myself. First-timer and it went well, total cost of resources was <$150 from the PGA Superstore. Only limiting-factor may be not having a vice, which a friend lent me. Highly encourage you to try it yourself, I really enjoyed the process.

For sure, either of those work. However, if you’d rather postpone until we can get as full group I understand

1 Like

I booked and paid for two walkers at 11:10. We can sort that out Sunday. Looking forward to it!

1 Like

Got an open spot for tomorrow morning at Stonewall Orchard (1030am)

GolfNow didn’t let me cancel so if you’re free, let me know!

Our field is set! Thanks to everyone for getting paid up in time. Please remember to mark the Google Sheet if you are interested in playing the net/gross game. Download the app 18 Birdies before the event and make sure your handicap is in the app and current. It’ll keep track of live scoring for both gross/net divisions.

2 Likes

6 hour round at Ravines today. Slow enough that I got to play both 4L and 4R.

1 Like

Was there a frost delay this morning?

No idea. Is 42 degrees cold enough for frost?

1 Like

Probably not cold enough, no. Where i played this morning had an hour frost delay and after I finished the wait on the first tee was five groups deep.

No frost delay this morning at Shepherd Crook. 7am tee time. Course was in great shape!!!

1 Like

Thoughts and prayers.

I couldn’t believe it. I’ve never seen a golf course that slow. I should have walked off on 3.

Which one did you like better?

I like the right one. Left is a little overgrown.

Play the “holes” along 5 and 13 while at it.