Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

The spare hole along 5 saved my big right miss last weekend. Was not a bad look from the surprise fairway!

1 Like

I was there today, about 190 out and it’s really not a bad spot to be on that hole. If you can pound it and can only hit a fade (mine was a miss), that tree on the right isn’t a bad target

2 Likes

I’m not a Chicago gui, but I am a Bears fan, so is this a place I can put my angry and frustrated Mitch Trubisky takes? Safe space?

While enjoying a delightful afternoon at Ravisloe with @Tomdevito, I finally got to meet the people who live in the house off 3&16. If you can believe it, they just had their first ever broken window on the back side of the house a few weeks ago (wasn’t me). They said they get a about a dozen balls off the roof on an average weekend and have gone through several windshields, but this was the first window casualty.

Edit: In case you were curious, it was one of the big windows and they run about $500 a pop. Try not to think about that next time you tee off on 3.

4 Likes

That’s mind numbing brutally slow. I commend you and your mental fortitude for battling through it.

Damn, the long running question finally answered!

1 Like

When I saw the woman who lived there it was like seeing a celebrity.

1 Like

I got paired with a good group of dudes, which helped a lot. If I’d been stuck with assholes it would have been much worse. We had several 20 minute waits

Make lemonade with lemons, I like it.

The flask would have gone dry way too quickly.

Everyone play fast the day of our outing or this guy will detonate you on this thread immediately after.

3 Likes

Can I come and just give out slow play penalties? Hitter Blanco style.

3 Likes

Call me The Intimidator

Ravines can always be slow, played out there with @VenkmansLament earlier in the year, we were pretty close to a six hour round. There was a group of 12 of us, played an 8 some the last three holes and “kept pace”

1 Like

This was so much worse than that day. We were three groups deep on 3, 4, 7, 9, 12, and 15. I called the clubhouse from 3 and the guy basically said “weekends, right? what are you gonna do?” like it wasn’t completely avoidable.

Always. We’re clearly a level-headed bunch here.

Anyone here working in social media marketing, journalism, literature, public relations, communications, multimedia, creative design, or a related field?

DM me. I might have a job in sports for you.

Are we playing true stroke play - rattling cups, stroke & distance, etc.? If so, we’re gonna be pretty dang slow.

Stymies are 1000% in play…no matter what anyone else says.

2 Likes