Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

Yes, I caught that. Unfortunately my toddler scribbled all over the scorecard, so that is the picture I had to go with

1 Like

Was the following pic a factor?

1 Like

I wish…
I thought I might be able to find my mental game if I swim through scotch

1 Like

Just moved to Edgewater from Pittsburgh. If there’s a dropout, I’d love to get in the field for the fall Chicagoland get together. If not, would be great to get in on some weekend skins action.

3 Likes

I can’t make the Friday Ravines trip but I’m hoping to get out there Saturday 9/12/20 if anyone wants to come with. I’ve never seen the place before and don’t wanna play it blind in October.

It’s the only consolation prize I can see for the fact I was supposed to be at Riot Fest that day :sleepy:

1 Like

TheAbe… I needed to drop out of the Oct 3 Refuge event for a family matter so I will also have to bail on the OFCC festa. Please give my spot to some one else. Thanks for making that 2nd event happen and play well! Al

2 Likes

I would definitely be up for that. It’s a new course for me also so would be nice to see it before the Oct event

Bump! 29 responses so far!

2 Likes

Newcomer to the Midwest, here. Very interested. Also, YNWA.

2 Likes

We had a dropout so you are in!

2 Likes

Posted a couple times about Chicagoland events, but I’m new here and haven’t introduced myself.

Born and raised on the East Coast (Virginia and Georgia, mainly), but spent the last five years in Pittsburgh (hate the sports teams, love the city). Wife, 22-month-old son and I moved to Chicago (Edgewater Glen) a few weeks ago.

I’m a writer by trade, currently get paid to cover science news for United Press International. Authored a book about lawn sports.

So far, I’ve played Glencoe and Thunderhawk. Liked Thunderhawk. Northern Chicagoland courses are definitely easier for me, travel wise. Unfortunately, most of the architecturally interesting courses (chiefly, Ravisloe and Mt. Prospect) appear to be to the south and west.

Looking to get into some low-stakes money games and general fun with fellow Chicagoland NLU’ers. Bonus points if you are a fan of Big @Randy, Liverpool, Bernie Sanders, Kan Jam, vintage Lacoste, Cuban sandwiches, Pavement or Paul Thomas Anderson. Demerits for fans of Riggs Barstool and Blue Lives Matter.

6 Likes

Might as well intro myself. Have lived in Chicagoland ever since graduating from Purdue in 03. Lived on the north side for 14 years before heading to the nw burbs (Cary, IL)

Really got into golf 3 years ago and play out at mchenry country club. Fun old school track with an easy 6 mile walk. Rounds with my kids out at foxford hills, looking to get out to more of the unique Chicagoland courses

Professionally I manage the local office for an IT services/ software company headquartered in Springfield IL.

1 Like

McHenry Country Club is in dire need of tree management.

If you’re interested next Spring, we have a 9-hole Wednesday night league at Boone Creek. Good league, guys of all ages and talent.

1 Like

New to the area and looking to play tomorrow morning. Any recommendations for something relatively cheap and not difficult? I haven’t played in over a month and will be struggling.

Where are you located?

I do like the old sod farm at Boone and Rob the pro is a good dude. I will keep that in mind for sure :slight_smile: I will say in reference to MCC the trees have made me a much straighter driver of the ball. My rub with the place is it’s not the most kid friendly place and if my kids get into it I will probably move to boulder ridge or crystal lake CC

South Loop

1 Like

Rob’s an awesome dude, he’s in the league.

Local and muni, Jackson Park.

1 Like

Jackson park is something any Chicagoan should at least experience once.