Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

3 Likes

tyler rae does good work.

1 Like

Looking forward to the Chicago Trap Draw this week. @Tron and @Randy . I hope that Mariano’s grocery gets the love it deserves (Although it is owned by Kroger) and we get a shot out for the many top notch Arboredums and Botanical Guardians. Plus it would be a travesty to neglect a shout out to the Cantigny Military and tank Museum (TYFYS) - which is next to And shares a name with one of the best public tracks in Chicagoland

Also a plug that the Refuge’s @TheAbeFroman is setting up a great Refuge Chicago event at Olympia Fields in a few months, so please give him a shot out during the episode.

Very interested in who the special guest will be???

7 Likes

Shoutout to Amy McCormick’s horses

CC: @VenkmansLament @FlapjackNickelsack @JBors

(Rematch soon?)

1 Like

Let’s not forget the precursor, @EConroy419 public course outing. Pumped for both.

If we’re getting in to Mariano’s, what a fantastic and broad deployment to market. Breath of fresh air, took this Jewel lifer away. Mariano’s (at least my location on Lawrence) has gone downhill rapidly post Kroger purchase - both in product offerings, stocking and general store upkeep. (Sorry, @Randy ). I mean the broken escalators went for so long they got their own social medias. Bob Mariano appears to be bringing his 3rd chain in as a response to compete. Our supermarket history is sneaky deep.

4 Likes

Yes, for sure re: @EConroy419

2 Likes

This is terrible news about the Lawrence Mari-oger. That was my last chance at grabbing something to eat for the buzzed train ride home after hanging out at the breweries down the street.

Btw @EConroy419 when is that event?

I missed the sign up time originally and would LOVE to bring the camera/show up as an alternate

10/3 at Ravines. 8-10am.

2 Likes

Budget cuts seem to have hit hard - I mean, we went from full jazz band in produce to just piano at peak times! (sarcasm font)

But really, even pre-Covid, their supply management became atrocious - like running out of all leafy greens without a recall, another time they had no eggs.

I really appreciate it!

Funny enough my first real job was a grocery stocker at Marianos between 2011 (junior year of high school) and 2017 (the summer I left that job for my first teaching gig) and worked through the various management philosophies. A buddy of mine now does industrial engineering/labor logistics for Walgreens says, using what he knows now, Marianos purposely overstaffed stores to make them look good and provide good customer service to make them a hot commodity for an eventual sale. Look what happened! They sell to Kroger and everyone starts bitching about the drop on quality as Kroger slices labor cost.

3 Likes

You’re now the last spot. Pending any dropouts we have our field of 52!

4 Likes

6 Likes

In the spirit of the Trap Draw, I need to issue a Mea Culpa. @Randy, in view of his 8 week job in Chicago some years ago, is undoubtedly an expert on all things Chicagoland so no third wheel is needed for the Chicago episode!

2 Likes

Trap Draw episode was great (especially as a UD grad now living in Lincoln Park)

Any episode that mentions how awful Andy Dalton was, is a 10/10 for me.

Cheers @Randy @Tron

2 Likes

This could be cross posted to the Icarito thread. Played Cantigny (Hillside) last Monday and was +1 on 7, to which my wife states “Hey you can shoot even if you make a birdie”. I’ll let the pictures tell the rest of the story

2 Likes

In case anyone needs another reason to visit, this is only part of the selection they offer

2 Likes

oh?

1 Like

2 spots open Friday on Ravines 7:06 AM if anyone is interested.

To clarify - @TheAbeFroman and I are going to dial in our yardage books ahead of the Oct event, and hide balls in problematic areas where I may be prone to losing one.

5 Likes

Hey Al, you might wanna double check your math there… you actually shot a 41 on the front. Are you part of the handicap manipulator club? :wink:

That is, if that’s a “5” that you wrote on hole 7.