Roll Call: Capital District NY

I’ve played the link and mountain course at the resort. Prefer the links. Great views and pretty solid golf. Never played Whiteface.

New to the board, first post. Live just outside Albany and back playing golf after a decade off. Joined Albany CC so playing most of my golf there.

2 Likes

Welcome. I play out of Shaker Ridge CC. Albany CC is beautiful, one of the best.

1 Like

Welcome. I play out of Rolling Hills and I’m the assistant at PineHaven CC.

1 Like

@HibernatingBear

Ended up playing Whiteface Club. Really cool course with tons of movement in the fairways and some fun greens. Highly recommend

Hello friends from Cleveland, Ohio! I am looking for recommendations for the greater Albany area for next week. My wife and I are doing a New England road trip and will be visiting some friends before ending the trip at my in-laws in Syracuse.

1 Like

Orchard creek in Altamont (15 minutes from Albany) is pretty damn great. Capital Hills in City of Albany also a very nice Municipal.

1 Like

Depending on what you’re lookin for, theres a lot of neat stuff around. Amsterdam muni was on ACCA, I like Schenectady muni. If you’re willing, taconics about an hour east!

2 Likes

So we have a group of NLU followers that play out of Airway Meadows. (The “Meadows” as we fondly refer to it😀) We get the empire pass and take road trips throughout the Capital district as well. Played Amsterdam last season. Let me know if you want to get together some time. Golf is all about the fun for us.

2 Likes

I’m a member at Rolling hills just outside of Amsterdam and can certainly set something up for a meetup next season. Would be a blast.

2 Likes

@HibernatingBear

Awesome! We have a thriving NYRACDG (soon to be Roost) as of now we have about half a dozen guys around Albany or so!

2 Likes

I live just outside Albany and always up for some golf and laughs.

2 Likes

Awesome. We are at least 6 strong. Couple of Nest members too.

I’m in Albany and play out of Shaker Ridge. I’m always down for an away game.

3 Likes

Shaker is one of our “reciprocal” clubs. I’m the Assistant at Pinehaven in Guilderland.

I’ll bump this here @CharlieO @jameslovett26 @Waggler feel free to hit me up as well if you want to #getinvolved in our WhatsApp chat (if you aren’t already!)

We’re looking to release memebership and a rough outline of our events this year around the end of this month, so stay tuned, and follow our instagram for updates as well!

1 Like

I’m in the WhatsApp, thanks! Just getting up to speed with the volume of chat, you guys are prolific! Looking forward to some in person once we survive this bloody winter

1 Like

I joined the WhatsApp last year, it was a bit too much for me.

1 Like

Nest member here out of Saratoga Springs, NY.

3 Likes