Roll Call: Bloomington/Normal

I’m in Champaign and I’ve got a (partial) membership there. It’s a great course, especially the back nine. Last year they got new owners who have put some money into both the course and clubhouse.

1 Like

I’m also a member. It is a treat to play there! Fun course with great risk reward holes The new owners also brought in a great BBQ place and brewery.

Awesome! I don’t really know the members much since it’s an hour from me. I probably made it out there 8-10 times last year. We should play there sometime in the spring too.

1 Like

I know a good handful of them! I played in the club championship this year and got to meet a few more as well. Very down to play in the spring!

Too late to vote in the poll, but I’d definitely be interested! I think my dad got their 3 year membership special last winter and has only been a few times, but he’s enjoyed it every time he’s been.

1 Like

I created the event and have a date. Thinking of also seeing if people want to hang around and play the Purdue courses on Sunday!

3 Likes

Anyone have recommendations for a club fitter in the area? My brother moved to the area recently and needs new irons.

Nothing comes to mind, sorry. Not much in this area that I know of on that front. I know sometimes manufacturers will host a day at a local course if there’s something specific he wants. Like I think Fox Creek has Titleist Thursdays for example.

Thanks- he has a couple options at his club- but no good agnostic fitters and no Mizuno/Srixon option.

1 Like

I stopped in Illini Golf in Peoria yesterday and saw that they do club fittings. No clue on what brands they offer or have any personal experience, but they may be worth a look into.

1 Like

Anybody want to get out and play soon’ish before the weather turns? I could make this weekend work, or the 10th next weekend.

I’m in Peoria and wanting to play Lick Creek soon, but open other Peoria courses, or driving over to BloNo to play!

1 Like

Is there one of these rooster things for central illinois?

The consensus seems to be that Central IL is joining forces with St. Louis.

I’m hoping we try and make a central IL “pod” that does some stuff on a smaller scale.

5 Likes

No way. If there is no central IL group (should be, where did all the peoria strapped energy go?) Im taking my talents to Chicago.

You guis are definitely missing out on a 15 handicap short but wild ball striking menace.

3 Likes

Now that some of the initial Roost-mania has died down, seems like STL is struggling to get enough interest (13 total, 11 not counting me or @kevjones ). Not sure that we’ve got enough juice here either, so thinking I’ll throw my name on the Chicagoland sheet so I can #beinvolved

2 Likes

The writing certainly appears to be on the wall for both the StL and Central IL Roosts, at least for 2022.

4 Likes

We definitely didnt have the same drive as strapped peoria. Oh captain, my captain.

Let’s be honest, our little slice of the country is only due for one monumental upset every 15 years or so…

(Yes, this is a Bradley Sweet 16 reference.)

2 Likes

I put my name on the Chicago sheet as well for now. But if we host an event and can coordinate with the Chicago crew, it would be fun to have some of us face off against Chicago or STL guys as a little sub-regional team action, even if we’re not an officially separate roost.

Also, wanted to pull @meshgearfox into this thread since he’s in central IL somewhere as well.

2 Likes

While there’s some action in this thread, I’m thinking of getting a membership to Lick Creek for next year. Hoping to play a lot more golf next summer, and will definitely be happy to host as well.

3 Likes