Roll Call: Bay Area Golfers

How’d you like the downhill par 5 with a blind forced layup? :joy: Wind was blowing so hard on that hole the time I played…I hit a “great” low 4 iron and it blew 40 yds out. Not great bob

That’s the hole I really had in mind when I said “gimmicky”. I hit a 5 iron at the post like the sign said, and ended up with my ball sitting against the out-of-bounds fence.

1 Like

I’m out there to be like Phil.

1 Like

Ah, man. This made me even more excited. Great shots!

Thanks @fullbodyfix!

@GremlinGolfer is the 12th meetup still on? where is it at?

1 Like

Ha must not have the hellacious seed 4 iron in the bag. But I get it, just saying you can if concerned about hitting driver in the woods.

Agree with everything @giles said. Wish it was easier to get a time at Harding #shrinkthegame

Does anyone here have a connection to Mayacama, perchance? A member that would perhaps let me play unaccompanied or want to join in early August?

1 Like

Hey Crew,

Would anyone be interested in getting a group together @ Harding Park before they close the course down? Just called the pro shop and the last day of tee times before the PGA closure is July 17th…would be fun to see how tough its playing leading up to the tournament

1 Like

I can’t, but FWIW I have a friend who played it on Monday or Tuesday of this week and said it was nuclear level hard. Said a few feet off the fairway the rough was so high it was hard to find his ball, let alone advance it. And that the fairways are half as wide as normal…

1 Like

Go figure I just came across a new thread about the current course conditions after I posted this; similar feedback with the rough length…might not be a great investment for my confidence or wallet

1 Like

Stay tuned…may have 1 or 2 spots available Fri July 10th twilight.
And yeah without the city res card rate ($79) it goes to $200 right now for bay area…

1 Like

Unrelated - anyone know a of a 9 hole gem between SF and Monterey…?
Buddy trip tomorrow / Sat and looking for a little fri night fun.

(don’t say Pacific Grove back nine…already booked sat!)

Fulllllll

spot for Harding Park (possibly two, waiting to hear from one):
Friday July 10th, 3:40pm & 3:50pm
(Rates: city res card $76, Bay Area $200, plus $15 reservation fee each player)

First come first serve. Wait list in order.

Current definites:

Myself
@giles
@thomaschambers
@Matt_monk
Zack B
Adam J
Craig (non nlu)
@strappedinSF

1 Like

what kind of bullshit is this?!?

2 Likes

I’ve played it twice in the last month - insanely hard. Lost balls two inches off of the fairway.

But man, does it look nice.

Yeah when I played last month I thought it was like an online res fee that would apply to the green fee. Nope. Kinda stinks.

Yep, $15 is ridiculous. Especially when GolfNow is only $3.49. Must be someone there who worked in the airline or hotel industry…

FYI for anyone who is an NCGA member (and you all should be) Spyglass and Spanish Bay are having real discounts for the month of July. I just booked a foursome for me and three buddies to play Spanish Bay on 7/24 for $170, a discount from $295. Giddy the F up!

6 Likes

Count me in; checking now to see if my resident card is still valid, if not I’ll renew it (hope that doesn’t affect the booking)

1 Like

Awesome.
No prob - everyone pays as they check in.