Roll Call: Bay Area Golfers

Have 1 spot for 5pm tomorrow at Harding. Prob won’t get it in, but i’m gonna do my best to get as much in as possible. Anyone interested?

Hey guis I got a question about playing in Sonoma County as a non resident. How strict are places being about non residents? It’s a buddies birthday on the 10th of July and we were hoping to play Northwood and possibly Bodega but don’t want to drive the 2+ hours if they aren’t going to let us play.

another member was there recently (northwood) and said they weren’t checking IDs anymore. Roll Call: Bay Area Golfers

And @giles was just at Bodega - no issues

1 Like

If you wanna get on Bayo or Black Horse for 9 it’s pretty damn cheap in the afternoon. I could probably get you on the member rate too

Ah appreciate that. Good call too. Actually booked a quick round closer to home since we’re leaving late. Getting 9 at Coyote Creek…not amazing I know but just for kicks.

Btw - def want to come and hit both those. Only played Bayonet once and one of my top favs to date. great course.

As I say to anyone, hit me up because I have jack shit to do

1 Like

Thanks I appreciate the reply, I tried to scan back but got lost in comments.

1 Like

I’ve only played Coyote Creek once, like 5 yrs ago, and from what I remember it was a good course. I recall having like a 20 ft birdie putt on a par 3 and then proceeding to make double as I putted it off the green! It was pretty sick. Greens were blazing fast. Has it changed?

I will report back. Although only getting in 9 on the valley so will be limited exposure…

Hey guys. Sorry been a little under the radar. Event on 7/12 in Stockton is off. Couldn’t quite get the turnout the golf course was looking for. I’m pretty slammed the next few weeks but hoping to get something together in August or September on the coast. Stay tuned.

Hope everybody is well. Cheers.

3 Likes

See below.

No worries - it does appear we MIGHT be able to schedule a Northwood thing though probably not with their consent. Word is that they aren’t checking IDs but possibly not going to sanction a lot of out-of-towners with their knowledge. Not sure when I could even go up there but probably some time in August.

1 Like

I called a few courses today to confirm this. They said it was a county-wide order, but after feedback from golf courses the county got rid of it. So, most courses at this point are opening things up to all folks. That said, some courses will still choose to keep this restriction for a bit longer. Probably best to call each course individually.

1 Like

Yeah I think I’m just going to call Northwoods Monday morning. I’d hate to drive all that way just to turn around.

2 Likes

Keep us posted!

1 Like

@ProbablyPunting I played Northwood last weekend. It was busy but not a single ID was checked for anyone in our group or anyone I saw checking in.

1 Like

Same for me a bit ago.

Got about 12 holes in at Coyote. Reek - Valley course. Nothing much to report. It was hot. And golf.

Just got off Pac Grove. Wow. Sharp Park vibes if you could see the ocean at Sharp. Fun morning round with my buddy celebrating his bday. Bit of a sloppy 81 that could have been…well you know. Haha

3 Likes

Pacific Grove, especially (and obviously) the back nine, is just amazing. Such a bargain, and so much fun.

4 Likes

Came to Tahoe for a long weekend and the wifey let me out for a first tee time round at Coyote Moon in Truckee yesterday. Course was in phenomenal shape and the views / routing through the trees made for some really fun golf. Would absolutely recommend.

4 Likes